2018 Tesla Model S Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Tesla Model S Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Model S model:

Truly Special
By Stephen

2018 Tesla Model S 75D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

The 75D Model S is more than a car — it’s a movement and Tesla found a way for us all to become part of the automotive transformation with zero sacrifices. There is something for everyone in this car. It’s fast, clean, classy, high tech, and it drives itself. I have not owned my car long enough to speak to reliability but so far so good. Customer service (Springfield NJ) has been excellent. The Model S is pricey (even with incentives applied) but never buyer’s remorse. In fact, every time I drive this car I am amazed by how much technology is at my fingertips. Autopilot is by far my favorite feature. The ability of the car to park itself into the garage is a major convenience. My garage is tight. Seeing the car perfectly position itself between walls and columns is impressive to say the least. As much as I love the 75D, there is room for improvement. Tesla needs to refine the operation of the Fronk door. No need to simulate a classic car hood. It’s a storage area not an engine compartment. As it stands, the Fronk is not set up for high volume use. The lack of Apple Car Play is a disappointment. And although the bright white seats are a highlight (stunning in fact), the seats in form, control, and sophistication lag most high-end luxury cars. In short, the value of this car is far greater than the cost. Elon Musk created something very special with the Model S and the 2018 Model demonstrates Tesla’s commitment to excellence.

Terrible customer service
By drj

2018 Tesla Model S 100D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

I’ve had a tesla for almost a year. It had several problems that where fixed. Yesterday my rear tire was punctured with an object on the road.
I called Tesla roadside and my car was transported to the service center.
I called early to make sure I had my car back on the same day
Unfortunately there where NO spare tire or inventory tires in stock. Then there where NO tesla loaners cars.
For a 100k+ vehicle that doesn’t come with a spare tire the support is ridiculous and unacceptable.
I’m left without a car for a problem that could be resolved in 5 minutes with a spare tire. I had a full day a Patients to see at different hospitals and had to cancel on them because I had no reliable transportation.
I called management and I’m still waiting for a call back.
I love the car, but I’m done with customer service. Last tesla I will buy.
I finally got my car back. Terrible car wash and vacuum job.