2018 Tesla Model S Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Model S model:

No gas
By Barry S. Walters

2018 Tesla Model S 100D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

A fantastic car. I liken it to driving a spaceship. Incredibly fast. The auto drive feature is great on high ways.

The New World of Tesla
By JPB

2018 Tesla Model S 100D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

What you have to get used to is that you are driving a relatively simple mechanical device with very complex software. This is the future. Software is what will make a car unique, adaptable and eventually affordable. That Tesla can upgrade my software regularly means that model year of the car no longer has the same relevance it has for the legacy companies. Granted new battery technology might emerge but otherwise there is not much mechanical innovation on the Tesla horizon. We all wait for the 9.0 OS not a new engine or braking system or all the many gadgets that we used to get in our BMWs - half of which we never used. Once you understand your car (and your car understands you), it is like a relationship with you computer only it takes you places. What is particularly cool is that for this particular moment in time the realization that you are in the most technologically advanced automobile in the world. I realize that this will inevitably change but for this moment that is the truth - not the most expensive automobile but the most advanced. We have a S 100D and are now considering a 3 to replace our BMW 2 series.

After owning a Tesla I will never own a gas car
By Kevin W

2018 Tesla Model S 100D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

Tesla has been the best car I have ever owned. I am on my second one. The technology is amazing. The self driving capabilities relieve the burden and increase of the safety. The giant touch screen is very pleasing it convenient. Being able to pull into my garage and plug in rather than touching snotty gas candles has been my favorite. I have never had to have it serviced. No oil changes. No engine to dips. Unlike the Boxee electric cars of the past this car is very sporty and a beauty to look at.

The best car I've ever owned
By PR

2018 Tesla Model S P100D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

Got rid of all my gas powered cars after getting a Tesla. Take one for a test drive and you won't regret it!

Truly Special
By Stephen

2018 Tesla Model S 75D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

The 75D Model S is more than a car — it’s a movement and Tesla found a way for us all to become part of the automotive transformation with zero sacrifices. There is something for everyone in this car. It’s fast, clean, classy, high tech, and it drives itself. I have not owned my car long enough to speak to reliability but so far so good. Customer service (Springfield NJ) has been excellent. The Model S is pricey (even with incentives applied) but never buyer’s remorse. In fact, every time I drive this car I am amazed by how much technology is at my fingertips. Autopilot is by far my favorite feature. The ability of the car to park itself into the garage is a major convenience. My garage is tight. Seeing the car perfectly position itself between walls and columns is impressive to say the least. As much as I love the 75D, there is room for improvement. Tesla needs to refine the operation of the Fronk door. No need to simulate a classic car hood. It’s a storage area not an engine compartment. As it stands, the Fronk is not set up for high volume use. The lack of Apple Car Play is a disappointment. And although the bright white seats are a highlight (stunning in fact), the seats in form, control, and sophistication lag most high-end luxury cars. In short, the value of this car is far greater than the cost. Elon Musk created something very special with the Model S and the 2018 Model demonstrates Tesla’s commitment to excellence.