Used 2016 Tesla Model S Sedan Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Tesla Model S Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Model S model:

Killer P90D, can't go back
By Ryan F

2016 Tesla Model S Sedan P90D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

Moved from a Ford Fusion Energi to the Tesla Model S P90D. What a thrill! The newness 2 years in hasn't worn off. It's to the point that as my family grows, I'm going to be moving up to the Model X next. The car is lightning fast, thrilling to drive, fun to share and just a great experience every day I get into it. Tesla service is incredible, they've taken care of so much without even charging for it as I've brought the car in a few times for other services. Only minor glitches over time that were fixed very quickly. I highly recommend this to anyone who can afford it and live without the noise of an engine, replacing fluids, breaks etc. Seriously the only real maintenance is windshield wipers, rotate tires, alignment (if you're clumsy) and possibly breaks.

Driving the Future!
By Donald Weiser

2016 Tesla Model S Sedan 60 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

EVs are the future and the now. I doubt I'll ever own a gas powered vehicle again. Love all the tech in this Tesla! Feel it's a very safe vehicle. I usually have smaller vehicles like a Nissan Leaf or Porsche 911s and the Model S is a larger vehicle. I got it because I love the tech in it and the company, Tesla. It also moved me up on the Model 3 waiting list so that was my plan. I decided I didn't want a Model 3 two years later for several reasons so cancelled my place in line. Elon Musk is, I'm sure, brilliant, but he reminds me more of P.T. Barnum than Albert Einstein.

Love it but...
By Karen

2016 Tesla Model S Sedan 75 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

Drove my new MS for 5 days before someone rear ended me on the freeway. Parts--like a bumper and underneath metal part--were a little difficult for a "non-authorized" repair shop to get. I only considered this shop since they have done work before for me and they do just do unbelievably beautiful work and are very honest and since the Tesla service place does not do body work... . Getting the paint--Tesla uses a thee-step process which makes for a gorgeous paint job-- was a problem as Tesla does not sell the paint they use--even to their authorized dealers. The place I used finally found a perfect match and I now have the car back. Two and a half weeks in all for a $1500.00 job. I'm absolutely in love with this car but there are a few wrinkles Tesla needs to work out as far as customer service is concerned.

BEST CAR EVER
By dtyates2016@gmail.com

2016 Tesla Model S Sedan 75 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I love this car!!! I was going to buy a Jeep grand Chereokee,because I wanted something I could put my bike and my surfboard into, and still go on business meetings. After I compared the true cost of ownership over 5-10 years, this car beat it. Now I believe this car beats most ICE cars for 10 years +, in affordability. I paid 64k after rebates. I hear there are only about 4 moving parts in the entire drive train, including the pedal, and the wheels, vs. 100s of moving, breaking parts in an ICE car. I heard that the motor lasts about 1 million miles, and the battery is averageing about 500k miles, and I would expect no other major problems, since there isn't much to break. Considering a second one now!

Love the car
By Ryan

2016 Tesla Model S Sedan 75 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

Most amazing car. Love this car.