Used 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Consumer Reviews

Used XV Crosstrek for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Never thought I'd buy a Subaru

katethegreat84, 08/09/2014
Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

When I first started looking at cars I never even thought to look at the Crosstrek or Subaru. As a real estate agent I wanted something nice but didn't want to go the standard issue luxury car everyone seems to drive. When a family member recommended the forester, I wasn't thrilled but went to test drive it anyway. While at the dealership I saw this little beauty and fell in love. I can cart around my clients and all my signs/lockboxes/excess Realtor stuff. But its also very comfortable and safe feeling. Being able to sit up high is a plus when you drive 20k miles a year. I highly recommend the GPS option, with it you get an upgraded sound system and a back up camera. I love my Crosstrek!

Just what I was looking for

antiquity, 10/26/2013
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Lots of "compact" SUVs out there, and almost all of them are boring and bland. While no drag racer, this car is fun to drive, has exciting styling, and is just the right size. Also, it has a unique look and size that isn't quite an SUV, more like a sports wagon/SUV cross. You get a lot for the money - heated leather seats, Navigation, moonroof, backup camera - compared to other cars. Plus, the raised clearance, cool wheels, and great gas mileage (at at 27 MPG mostly on short trips and city driving). The drive feels very secure, and the shift paddles are fun to use. The engine does rev high and won't get you 0 - 60 in a record time, but the car feels punchy, spry, and turns on a dime.

Fun and reliable

Renee, 04/14/2016
Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Owned my car 2 years now. It's a fun car to drive, great handling, superior in bad weather and snow! Comfy interior, smooth drive, have not had any problems. Cargo space is great for a compact SUV. Only drawbacks is that the paint seems to scratch and chip easily, a few bad blind spots because of the slope of the car, and the car is a little loud once you get over 80 miles an hour. These are slight things in my opinion, but might annoy others.

Never going to buy a Subaru again

Anne, 06/28/2019
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Never again will I buy from Subaru. Got the car because they're supposed to be reliable and easy to work on. At 65,000 miles, both front CV axles went out. Air conditioner went out at 55k and has a known defect, which Subaru won't recall or make right. The part alone costs upward of a grand. Brake light switch went bad the first year I had it, I paid to replace it myself. The recall didn't go out until 2019. Car absolutely eats oil. Great concept, absolutely dismal build quality. Subaru has long since left behind its reputation of selling reliable, well-built cars.

Better than expected

subiedriver6, 02/19/2014
Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have been sold on Subaru for many years, but this is a change from my usual purchase of a Forester. The engine is just average in regard to performance, but exceptional in gas mileage, averaging 29 in rural back road driving. The seats are very comfortable and the cabin seems much more roomy compared to the Foresters I have had in the past. The doors are large and provide easy in/out access. The exterior styling is aggressive and has received a lot of compliments, while the interior is more just utilitarian and the radio readout is disappointing. Overall, the more I drive it, the better I like it.

12345...9