Skip to main content
$23,495

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Good Power, Smooth Ride

Greg Y., 02/21/2022
Limited XT 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

At 5 months of ownership (purchased in Sept 2021) and a bit over 7300 miles (95% interstate), I must say I have enjoyed the car thus far. I traded my 2020 WRX Base 6-speed in for this and haven't regretted it, although I do miss the engine sound somewhat. The 2.4L Turbo is responsive, even with the CVT. Simulated gear changes are smooth, and the ride at interstate speeds is nice and quiet. I can actually talk and hear on my car's Bluetooth connection, something that was much more of a challenge with the WRX. Mileage is not quite as good as I would have hoped, but it has averaged less since winter has started with the cold mornings. It did get better mileage when the weather was warmer. I do plan on purchasing an Auto Start/Stop override in the near future, but to be honest, the "off" button is on the first screen of the large 11.6" infotainment system so it's easy to deal with currently. I have many "likes" on this car, and the option I use the most thus far is the heated steering wheel, which at 55-years of age helps some with the old finger joints during cold weather. The leather seats (although not Napa) are very comfortable, and my family likes the heated front and rear seats. I am not a huge fan of the stock aluminum rims, but also haven't found anything that makes me rush right out to replace them. The back-up camera is adequate (I guess), and I really like the small yellow indicators on the inside of the side mirrors that light up when someone is in the blindspot. Complaints? 1st world complaints only, such as I would like a larger area for the rear defrost, which is BARELY adequate, and I would like the disengage for the driver monitoring system to be on the first screen, not three screens in. Carpet COULD be a bit better, as I feel it's very thin and super cheap for the price level of the Limited XT. None of these would be deal breakers if I had known PRIOR TO purchase, however. I have grown accustom to much, much less.

2022 Legacy touring XT

BBroadie , 01/28/2022
Touring XT 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I haven’t had it long enough to review “dependability” so this is more of a “first impression/ 500 mile review”. Pros: Interior - I love the Napa leather The big screen for the entertainment system is nice I like having the physical buttons to adjust the temperature outside of the entertainment screen Very little road noise Visibility is good Seats our very comfortable POWERTRAIN/FUEL MILEAGE/DRIVING EXPERIENCE - Handling is fantastic Good power/acceleration with the turbo charged engine. 0-60 in around 6 seconds. Adaptive cruise control with lane assist work great. I’m averaging about 28 miles per gallon driving about 85% freeway and 15% city The ride is SUPER smooth even over roads that are in desperate need of maintenance. CONS - My biggest complaint is probably that the back up camera is no better then a $200 aftermarket backup camera. I would think that in 2022 the top model of the legacy would have a birds eye view camera (my 2017 Nissan has it) but at the very least a higher quality back up camera. Along those same lines, the front camera is terrible! It’s a grainy/pixilated looking image. I know “first world problems” but I just expected more out of a car this luxurious in many other ways. A close 2nd on my biggest complaints is that I wish there was a way to permanently disable the auto start and stop along with the eyesight that watches the driver. It’s not hard to do but it’s annoying that I have to do it every time I turn off the car and restart it. And at number 3 and last on my list on biggest cons… This one is mind blowing to me. In what universe does a car manufacturer get to 2022 and not put a automatic start button on the key fob? They must have thought “Instead, let’s put it in a mobile app (with a subscription) so our consumers get to navigate through the apps on their phones, open the app, take a semester in computer software engineering to learn how to set up everything and wait for our app to open and load every time so that they can automatically start their cars”??? So now I can start my car from another country, unlock it and adjust my heated seats and climate controls but I can’t push a button on my key fob and start it from 10 feet away?? Who was the genius??? I literally can have a aftermarket system to start my 1956 bel air with my key fob but not in a 2022 legacy, no way….. I digress. Now to my complaints that are just me trying to be picky…. The delay on acceleration from a stop leaves a little to be desired but definitely not terrible. I, personally, do not like the stock wheels but I could be the oddball there since one of the first thing my wife mentioned was the “fancy wheels” There is no automatic start button on the key fob. Oh did I already say that? Yeah, well it’s stupid. Overall, the car has luxurious interior, exterior could maybe use an update but I like it and the power and ride is great all while offering AMAZING AWD capabilities.

3 out of 5 stars

XT Touring worth the etra $$

axiom, 03/25/2022
Touring XT 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I wasn't sure if I wanted to get the smaller engine and save $$ or spring for the XT. The XT Touring has so much packed into it - nappa leather is nice, the seats are comfy (and ventilated). the acceleration is strong, the stereo is clear and the car is QUIET! I am looking forward to many luxurious years with this car. So far the only qualms I have are very minor. (I like the way VW does their trip computer functions better.)

Bill Kolb Custom Legacy

MG, 07/05/2022
Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Can’t say enough about this vehicle. This is my sencond Legacy and I have no need to search for another car.

Grand Legacy for Me

Minnie, 07/06/2022
Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love the way this vehicle drives, so smooth, the best I've even owned. In the past I have had SUVs that were nice. None of the SUVs drove as nice, plus they sat higher and more difficult to get in and out. The dash board is not to complicated and was I able to get to operate it. The salesperson went through many of the controls with me -which was nice and was will to answer questions.