Used 2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Lemon! Don’t waste your money
By Megan

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst car I’ve ever owned. I bought it used and was excited to have a small AWD manual transmission vehicle. What a disappointment this car has been! I replaced the engine just under 3 years ago and now the new engine is no longer functioning. This happened a week after I got the oil changed and was very consistent with synthetic oil changes since putting in the new engine. I’ve also replaced the timing belt, clutch, brakes, and blower for the heat, which was not an inexpensive fix. The trunk doesn’t stay open, the speaker only plays on one side and the A/C is busted. I’ve also changed the headlights more frequently than I have on any other car I’ve owned. What a lemon! So long Subaru, I’m going back to Toyota.

2007 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 2.5 Manual
By jdktchkov@gmail.com

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2007 Subaru Outback Sport 2.5L with a 5-speed manual for one year. I purchased the car with 118,000 miles and ended my time with the vehicle with 148,000 miles. My overall experience was a disappointment. The driving experience was never truly enjoyable, I have a strong dislike for the weirdly laid out transmission. The car was mostly used for city freeway and traffic commute, which I understand isn't its ideal environment. The transmission with its overly aggressive 1st and 2nd gear, nicely laid out 3rd and 4th gear and almost anemic 5th gear made commuting miserable. Interior quality was fine and I appreciated having an AUX port. My biggest issue was maintenance. I understand that I put a lot of miles in a short period of time, but I was very attentive to regular care and up keep. The car always burned a lot of oil, even when it was taken in early for an oil change, the shops would say it was bone dry. I had major issues with a "fork" connected to the flywheel which set me back about $2000 dollars, in addition to a blown catalytic converter. All of this occurred after having the car inspected prior to purchasing. Lastly, one of the most annoying features was, if the check engine light popped up, the car disabled the cruse control.

The wonderful impreza
By Scott Reback

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

be sure to check the transmition fluid before buying because over time in our impreza it did need to be replaced

The best car for....
By Mark Kaufman

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

These cars handle well, shift well and are in general a blast to drive. My car has given 7 years of flawless performance.

Has serious mechanical problems
By phil_motor

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

In my experience (I've owned 20+ vehicles in 38 years) this Subaru has serious engine problems that the dealers and Subaru of America do not acknowledge. Expect to have your head gaskets replace (~$2000) on your own dime once the 60,000 mile warranty expires.

body style is nice

develop a reliable engine that does not regularly need major work.