Used 2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon Consumer Reviews

Used Impreza for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Solid, sensible fun

Ellen, 10/22/2006
Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned it for all of 72 hours but it's my favorite Subaru ever (this is our third). It's nimble and surefooted in traffic, with impressive acceleration (I traded in a '98 Acura Integra so I know from fast). The interior, with its two-tone color scheme and silvery center dash panel, is much nicer than the dowdy plastic dullness of earlier Imprezas. The audio system that comes with the Special Edition Package is fabulous--though the satellite ratio sampler features a limited, boring selection. If you love the maneuverability of a small car but hate that vulnerable feeling you get from driving a teensy, tinny compact, put this on your short list.

It Imprezzed Me

alexander323, 12/12/2010
2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a used version of the vehicle with only 12,000 miles on it. I really like its fuel efficiency and AWD capability. This car has better gas mileage than my old Jeep Grand Cherokee and has a reputation of being more reliable. The Impreza can do most everything my Jeep can do just in a more compact lighter size.

A step up

bschuetz, 12/14/2006
WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The 2007 Subaru Impreza is definitely an improvement over the 2001 Subaru Impreza I traded. Less body roll, more responsive steering, nicer interior. The transmission feels a bit more refined, and it actually has a synchro for first gear (2001 didn't). The clutch is more forgiving than the 2001, I can shift smoother. The engine sounds and feels more refined as well. And this thing is a blast to drive. Once you're on boost, this thing really goes. I have no regrets with my decision.

Has serious mechanical problems

phil_motor, 10/02/2013
2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

In my experience (I've owned 20+ vehicles in 38 years) this Subaru has serious engine problems that the dealers and Subaru of America do not acknowledge. Expect to have your head gaskets replace (~$2000) on your own dime once the 60,000 mile warranty expires.

Not quite a 944 Turbo, but that's alright with me

khalils, 06/19/2011
WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2007 WRX Wagon replaced a 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo. I wanted a car that was a well-rounded and sporty daily driver but with all season reliability, better utility, and lower maintenance costs. The WRX does not have the handling prowess, balance, and speed of the Porsche. In spite of too much weight forward, it a taut handling car and fun to drive in the twisties. Its good in snow, gets decent gas mileage, and has yet to have any mechanical problems whatsoever after 31k miles. I am extremely satisfied with the car. I dumped the RE-92s that came stock on the car and mounted some decent rubber, the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. That made a big, positive difference.

12345...6