Used 2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Consumer Reviews

Used Impreza for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

Great Car

taniame, 05/28/2005
2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 05 Impreza RS Wagon for a week. So far so good. Great car, built in Japan with great quality contro. Fun to drive, very reliable. 165hp is not fast enough for an AWD, but it is good for daily commute I guess.

Great Car

Colorado Rural, 05/27/2005
Outback Sport Special Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I commute 60 miles per day and was looking for economy car with a hatchback. I was considering the Toyota Prius, Honda Civic Si Wagon and the Subaru Impreza. I debated the WRX, but the turbo defeated the purpose of gas economy. The 2.5 engine has plenty of power for this little car and it zips along fine. I commute over a mountain pass everyday. I live at 7,000 ft. and used to be white knuckled when driving my old 4x4 truck in the snow. Not the case with the Impreza; handles great in winter weather. After driving it for 7,000 miles, I must say that I have had not one problem with it. It’s reliable, has great power, handles great, feels safe on the road, and was an excellent choice.

What a fun ride

Richard D Black, 06/28/2005
2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

When I finally decided to buy my first new car, I knew there was only one choice; a Subaru. I was debating an Outback 2.5i, but didn't want that high of a payment each month, so I went with the reliable Impreza Wagon. I cannot complain. This thing rides like a top. It was a great improvement over my last car and I play to drive this for hundreds of thousands of miles, as most Subarus will run forever. I really wish that the factory accessories didn't cost so much.

true

rarevos, 06/29/2005
WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Thin sheetmetal, thin paint, notchy shifter, easily customized, fantastic performance, great utility. No other car comes close at this price; nice interior for class. Great seats. Wish the wagon had a sunroof.

Outstanding all-around car

wrx, 08/17/2005
WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fast, reliable, excellent utility. I can haul snowboards to the mountains and take it to a track day and still have a blast. Easily customized. Reprogram the ECU for an easy ~25hp bump. Driveability improves as boost comes on sooner. Short shifter kit also suggested. I only get 22mpg on mixed commute.

12345...11