Used 2010 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews - 161 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

Beware
By jmr16735

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought a Subaru because I thought they were supposed to last forever. Everything was fine right up until the warranty ran out at 60,000 miles. Then brakes and exhaust needed replaced. At 80,000 miles the head gaskets were leaking oil and needed replaced - $1,800. At 130,000 miles the transmission coolant lines into the radiator were rusted out and I had to replace the radiator and lines. At 165,000 miles the head gaskets were leaking again along with the transmission lines again, and it needed a catalytic converter, exhaust pipes and both mufflers. Estimate of over $7,200 to repair (and that is with a couple of hundred kicked in from the dealer). Needless to say, I have a very large lawn ornament now. Won't trust Subaru again.

Go Forrester
By Stan

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

best little SUV that I have ever owned.

Fabulous Forester
By Lily

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Overall a great little SUV! We love it. Unfortunately, this Subie like my others had head gasket problems. This is a costly repair so buy an extended warranty if it is available and have head gasket evaluated before you buy!

Crash!
By Suzanne

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2010 Subaru Forrester just suddenly accelerated upon being put into reverse to back into a parking spot. If anyone had been behind me they would have been killed. My car jumped a curb, ploughed through some gnarly bushes and handed on the back end of an Audi parked in the lot behind it. My foot was not on the accelerator and the car mat was not caught on the gas pedal, 2 excuses Subaru has given when this has happened before. NEVER buying another Subaru.

I've had it with Subarus
By Babette

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

While I like the designs and feel safe in Subarus, every one of my three cars has had extensive repair problems. In the 2010 Forester it was the transmission, which started causing problems at about 110,000 miles and had to be replaced, and now it's burning a quart of oil every 1,000 miles--not unusual according to a Subaru complaint site. My former Outback blew a head gasket (to the tune of $2,000) twice before we dumped it. My first Sedan had axle problems and ruined synchronizer rings, all expensive to fix. I couldn't recommend this car unless you don't mind high repair bills.