Used 2009 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Fast sleeper
By Autocrosser

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle. I replaced a gas guzzler, 18 mpg, with this 27+ mpg, 80% hiway use car. I towed my race car with the replaced suv, and now I am autocrossing the xb. I've finished first in every event this year, 12. I load up my overnight gear; sleeping bag, mattress, food, cooler, clothes, and helmet, and off I go. She rides smooth and quick, plenty of power.

Looks really cool, drives like a sports car. Room for a lot of gear. Great view of road. The brakes could not be better.

A telescoping steering wheel.Firmer driver's seat.Self tinting mirrors.

Mad In Love
By MansfieldRider

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I went to dealership to buy 2010 Venza.When I drove up saw the Red 6.0 Series. Told my husband that I wanted to test drive it before I ordered my Venza. Too bad for Venza that I did. Fell in love. Went in and ordered Classic Silver Metallic XB. Coolest thing I have driven. Put numerous accessories on it. Took them a wk to install them after they got it. I got leather seats, sport steering wheel, sport shift knob, door sill illumination, overhead console box, auto dimming mirror, upgraded audio system, tinted windows, floor and cargo mats, cargo cover. Sure I missed some and still not finished adding yet. Everyone loves it but not as much as me.It's a head turner.Mad in love. Everyone needs 1.

Leather seats, audio system,roomy and everything else. So easy to dress up. Handles superb. Not sure about gas mileage yet. Seems to be great.Really sporty look.

Would be nice to have driver and passenger armrest. Separate display for range, fuel,trip etc. Even nicer not to have to reach for button on dash. Maybe put it on steering wheel. Power seats would be a plus to. Even if you never do these things I would still love it.

I wish never bought it
By Sam lathou

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I’ve had my 09 XB for over 7 months brand new. And since day one at over 40 M/H pulls to the right. Complained to Toyota but no action was taken. I don’t like it at all, sheep car yet I paid over $19500 cash for it. Took it to another shop and was told rear left tire out of alignment but Toyota didn’t provide adjustment for the rear and NO TIE ROD…means the rear has to be shimmed or something ,, big money to do that

The color only

needs better suspension and tie rod adjustment for the rear

Great set of features for the price
By nitido357

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this xB for about a month and a half and I'm still loving it like the first day. Many xB1 detractors decry the increased size, but I love it. The car is more comfortable than any mid-size car. It is also quite fuel efficient considering that you are still driving a box at 65-70 mph. Recently got 34 mpg on 2hr trip to OKC, quite hilly at times. My family of 5 fits quite easily on short and longish trips. The wife loves the cargo space, which is much better than the '07 Pacifica she drives around town.

Everything. For under 20k in dollars, this car gives you a lot. Seamless iPod integration is a plus. Stock Pioneer equipment is very nice. Safety feature set is excellent for the price.

Wish bluetooth was built-in, but I can deal. The Kia Soul has it, but I've always been a scion guy. Sun visors are useless. 4-speed auto? Would def. benefit from a 5th gear. Toyota added a USB interface with the '10 xB..wish I waited

Neat Ride
By Craig

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car for its looks and special features. It is a Absolutely Red, series 6 with upgraded floor mats, fog lights, bumper protector, Nav. system standard on this one. I was looking at an xd but really liked this special addition. So long story short I love it. Had to put some black and chrome wheels on it so I spent right at 20k for it. I get about 4 more miles to the gal. city/hwy than what was on the msrp. Quality is outstanding for the price and the Toyota quality control sure shows in this car. Only drive about 4500 miles a year but some day someone is going to get a great used car. Neat Ride

Looks of exterior, Nav system, series 6 limited addition only 2500 built

do away with the worthless arm rest. Available leather seating.