Used 2017 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

Rams keep on trucking

Rod Naples / Maine, 03/02/2019
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Bought this truck two years ago it’s the second Ram I’ve owned the first one I had I owned for 16 years . I must say they have come a long way . The 17 is a beautiful truck I have the Laramie 4x4 it’s a great truck I have the hemi motor and still get around 22 mpg on the highway thanks to the 8 speed transmission . It’s ride is unreal for a truck I test drove other makes and they didn’t compare to the ride you get in a Ram . It also is a pleasure to drive and handles great . I have The ventilated seats the heat and cool work great . I also have the alpine stereo system while it is not as good as Bose it does sound great . I also have the LED lights in the bed makes it easy to see things in the bed at night I did buy a tailgate assist on eBay so my tailgate now lowers itself slowly . I also have the Pearl White paint I would always pay for the paint upgrade it just feels like a better finish . I also bought the lifetime warranty it’s expensive but felt it was worth it because when my truck needs repair it will take the sting out of it . There’s also plenty of leg room front and back . The only thing I don’t like about the truck is the rotary dial shifter just doesn’t belong in a truck it takes away from the other finishes in the truck . I will say you also get more truck for your money then Chevy and ford if I bought one of there trucks it would of been 5-10k more . So keep up the good work Dodge -Ram would definitely buy one again I hope this was a helpful review . Have now owned almost 3 years still feel the same way about the truck still no issues I did have rear view camera replaced under warranty . Great truck don’t think other brands compare . Make sure you look at dodge before you buy another brand .

Ram big horn

James, 01/05/2017
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Great truck. Looked at the silverados as a comparison but the price difference was insane. For a Silverado with less equipment than the big horn, chevy wanted almost 9k more. I'm sorry but even if chevy has better resale I doubt it's that high. If I wanted a comparable truck from chevy it was almost 15,000 more. I've heard of people saying ram isn't as reliable but I believe that's a myth seeing as how everyone I talk to about rams says they love it and have never had any problems. Because of the new "knob shifter I opted for an extended warranty just in case" . The truck rides great. It seemed more smooth then the chevy and just about as quiet inside the cab. The stock stereo has great sound and the engine noise is just the right amount not too loud but it makes its presence known. The cab is huge. Crew cab has more room then our old suv. My mpg gauge tells me I'm doing almost 20 mpg but the real word when I do the math it's closer to 18. Overall it's a great truck with great looks. Good engine. The hemi sounds awesome. One thing I've noticed is the small ft and finish stuff where ram falls short. Little things that don't hurt the truck but makes you think "really...." definitely recommend it though.

Nice big horn 2017 RWD 5.7 Hemi

Diego E, 01/09/2018
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

First, I have to say I love car and this is my first truck, so There are some things that I still ignore about trucks.... I love my Ram, why I add 4 star,? My only ''cons'' is the fuel economy in the city, The Fuel economy falls dramactly in the city (12-13mpg) I think If at least It give you 15 or 16, will be perfect. Cabin is quite , material are good! The info system and screen are very nice and easy to use. The ride is smooth with unloaded bed, so Its a good point. The acceleration and shift are smooth, you can feel the power of the acceleration. I hasn't towed nothing, so I can't give an opinion about that, Nethier about the realibility, I own the truck for 3 months(2500 miles, But I bougth the car with 11000 miles), but I did two small road trips, with no problems, good fuel economy in the HWY using cruise control (22-23 mpg) at 60 mph. I tested the Silverado before buy my RAM, I hd the idea that to choose the silverado because last more than RAM, but I didnt want to pay 4000 More for a Silverado LT as I wanted. i gonna prove the realibilty of my RAM, so Im new and I don't have previous ideas of RAM! I thougth that the ram will be hard to park but It's easier than I thougth . I prefer park back I think its easier, the sensors and the huge back up camera help you to park. the distance between each axes is no a problem to park. For convinence I think the rear seats have to have a USB port or power plug. Updating the review with 20000 miles: continue doing a great job, 0 issues. ***Update 1/8/19 28600 miles.... 0 problems, good engine, Im happy with RAM, I suggest do no buy a new model until next year, it's better to wait and let them to correct all the issue for the first year in a new model. The only thing that I don't like is I had to go 3 times for recalls in the last 6 months,but anyway they already repaired it with 0 cost. It's a smooth ride and very good truck. oil change each 9000 miles,using penzoil full synthetic as the manufacter recommends, I change myself the air cabin filter and the engine air filter to avoid pay the dealer, but I used good brands for that. update 7/9/2021 66000 miles, no problems, run smooth

Ram kicks you in the butt if you get too close

Richard Ray, 01/24/2019
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

You might ask yourself why such good rating and then poor rating. We have been buying the dodge trucks for 15 yrs. We are honest, have good credit, and my husband is a disabled veteran. If you want a good truck that tows well and gets good gas mileage then buy the ram but do not depend on the Chrysler corporation to back its product if you should unfortunately buy a lemon. due to my husbands failing health we added U connect , GPS, and kept the sirius. We felt this a good investment for traveling due to distance of doctors. The truck has now had 7 radios replaced, amp replaced, satelite antenna replaced, and a body control module replaced. The u connect does not work and thru their tests have found out all of the radios had previous owners so we asked for a new radio with a big refusal. The truck has now been in the shop and the engineers and technicians with dodge cannot fix it so we asked for a replacement new truck. This has been a nightmare. We get assigned case managers that lie and close out our case stating the truck is fixed. Also the front speakers are muffled. We are so disappointed and feel if we are to get our truck fixed we will have to pay for an attorney. Shame on chrysler for doing this and theyare the Ram that kicked us in the butt.

Factory defects that they won't fix

Nwash, 07/02/2018
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Beware of the electronics. If they fail intermittently as in my case, the dealer won't do anything until they see. I've been in 4 times and they can't reproduce a problem and told me I'd have to pay a diagnostic fee for them to dig into it. Worst customer support ever. I finally tracked down issue myself. The problem I was having was that sometimes if I hit a slight bump while accelerating or decelerating, the track would skip (on bluetooth player), or the radio station would change. There is a rotary encoder on the dash to switch tracks and tine the radio. I found that if you touched it slightly it would skip to the next track, no turning required. There was a "soft spot" in the rotation where the detents weren't clicking. After spinning it around a few times it started working properly. Probably just debris that got in during assembly, but what a pain in the butt to find and fix. I got zero help from the dealer or RAM on this one. They did at least fix the faulty gas gauge sensor, and tank pressure leaks that showed up after replacing the sensor. Only took 4 tries to get it right.

12345...11