Used 2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:

986 Boxster is a great value
By Nathan

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Do your homework and get the car inspected. Repairs are infrequent but expensive. Over the years of ownership, this car has been less expensive than if I had purchased a new Corolla or a Fit once depreciation is taken into account. Porsche's depreciate a lot initially and then hold their value pretty well.

My road trip partner
By William Moyer

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

As long as the IMS bearing was replaced, usually around 60K, (mine was) and it is well-maintained, mine was, this car will give you miles and miles of smiles! Crisp, carves Northern California roads like butter, sounds exquisite, a great "motoring" car for great road trips....aaahhhh!

Bucket List Car!
By Carol

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have waited all my life to own a Porsche and finale have a 2002 Boxster. I am in love with my car and totally enjoy driving it.
It's the best driving car that I have ever owned. It handles the road and exits great!

I have no owners manual with the car and I am in need of one. Also stored the vehicle for the New England winter and now I have to get a code to listen to the radio. I disconnected the battery, that was a surprise, unable to open the hood but thanks to goggle we fixed that. So simple but read up on it first. Looking forward to driving this summer again. Looking for tank away adventures. See you on the Road Again!

finally bought one- 2002 Boxster base
By tjw914

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Porsche. It's been about 6 years and 2 motorcycles since my last one. I've owned a 76' 911 Targa, and 2- 914's. My "new" Boxster is the best of both worlds. Power of my 70's 911 and mid engine handling of the 914. Every time I think I might be pushing too hard on it, it hunkers right down and just goes! At some point when the right S model comes along I'll trade this for one, but for now, it's just a fun responsive exhilarating ride!

Handling.

Tilting steering wheel.

Proud Owner
By Val Taylor

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This car is the funnest car that I have ever driven. So balanced that it reminds me of the racing carts I had when I was in my teens. The only problem I have had with it is the ignition switch had to be replaced (factory recall or something). Car is reliable, high performance, and certainly lives up to the Porsche reputation. Have driven some friends 911's and the Boxster definitely handles better.

The cockpit... er... I mean the driver's seat and steering wheel layout. The overall looks, handling, and performance.

The plastic window in the back between the seats blew out a few times (have since removed it).