Used 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Prix for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...32

Pros
Cons

Reliable, but has quirks

Big Jim, 11/30/2015
GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Has some electronics and electrical issues. Engine and transmission are solid. Got for about $5k several years ago. Hasn't missed a beat. Update 12-2019: Other than the plastic sport panels coming off it is 100 percent! Update 6/2020 still have it, runs good and not destroyed by routers!

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

sendog2013, 04/03/2013

I was pretty lucky when my fiancée discovered my car on Kijiji! A private dealer had gotten my ride from a dealership where it has been traded in for a new car. The last owners basically used the car to drive to the store and church when it wasn't garaged most of its life! With only 114,000 kms and mint inside and very good outside it was pretty much brand new! Anyway, on to my review! A blast to drive, fast and handles awesome! I use it mostly for the highway as I'm traveling between provinces for work and moving. Glides perfectly at high speeds and before you know it you're doing 140 without watching your speed.

Love This Car! 238K and Still Going Strong!

Ben Morris, 12/25/2015
SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 137,000 miles on it six years ago. According to the previous owner the transmission was replaced at 130,000 miles. I have had very little trouble with this car, the only real repair it has needed was that the rocker panels needed to be replaced. This is a great looking vehichle with classic great looking Pontiac lines. My least favorite part of this car was the low quality of the interior, which I feel that I could easily tear apart. The performance of this car has been outstanding though. Though the 3.1L isn't as fast as the 3.8L, it is much less prone to blowing head gaskets and mine has gotten to 238K miles and I still haven't had an issue. I get great gas mileage(19 City, 32 Highway), and the wide body design makes steering feel controlled, as I once was able to evade a moose going 60 in a 55! Overall I love this car and I would recommend it to anyone.

Very lucky to come across this car

Winomie Wilson, 02/12/2016
SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Back when I bought it 8 yrs ago it was perfect for 3 kids. So many road trips, daily driving and at times it being our only vehicle I never had to worry about being left stranded. 190 K and no major repairs. Water pump, abs system, radiator cleaned and fuel pump. In 8 yrs that is great. Transmission and engine are still strong and the gas mileage is great. Interior has some flaws but not too bad and it has had issues with holding water after extremely wet seasons but believe that was a previous owner /mechanic issue by removing seals. Bought a new vehicle due to family growth and needs but still have this as our just in case vehicle and will be passed on to the kids.

Mixed Emotions

MarkNY, 04/18/2002

This car is very fun the drive, very responsize handling. I've had horrible problems with premature tire wear. I've had to get is aligned 3 times since my purchase. I've gone through 2 sets of tires, and only have 13K miles in it. The dealer told me I am beating the car, but I drive like I'm the grand marshall of a parade. Most of the car is built really well. But in the truck, they placed this little flimsy plug for the light right in the way of the trunk space. Whenever placing large items in the trunk, I crack it off. It sticks out like a sort thumb. The engineer who designed that needs to be fired, and gives quality engineers a bad name.

12345...32