Used 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A) Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Prix for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

1 owner @ 100k mi.

Roadrasher, 10/25/2010

The Supercharged 3.8 Series II engine is very reliable. 100,000 miles and the engine is flawless, but the rest of the car started falling apart. The Supercharger is not a serviceable item, so when the bearing goes out you have to replace the whole thing ($600 rebuild w/ installation). Both front wheel- bearings needed replacing. Power- steering pump went out. All within 10,000 miles of 100k. The car is definitely worth keeping and repairing. The GTP is the only way to go. If you are considering a Grand Prix, only get one w/ a Supercharger (20% more horsepower than the GT, and it shows). Before buying one, listen to the supercharger, if you hear a grind, get it replaced.

Great Car

somork, 06/01/2002

Excellent acceleration and power. Tight handling. Very coforatable. A blast to drive!!

First Car

Roman, 08/19/2009

I bought this car after having nothing but trucks sinc I was 16. I took one look at this car and it was love at first sight!! It only had about 65k on it and was in mint condition. I love everything about this car except for the rims that come on the special edition package, a minor setback. I have had no problems yet and I hope to not have any either. I love the gas mileage coming from a diesel truck that was getting around 11 mpg Yikes! It will get up and go with the best of them and stay up pretty good. It does govern out at 126 but I don't think that's a prob since I won't be going that fast all the time..

Gotta love the power!

angels66, 12/17/2004

I bought this car in October 2004 and I am loving it! The power is unmatched, but it feels stable. I've gone through several snowfalls and this car is great! The traction control and ABS work great together. I have the special edition package and it just makes the look of the car even better. I wish I had better fuel economy, but I'm willing to trade it for the power!

Drawn to Pontiac

clbsrodd, 05/12/2009

Was always drawn to the style of the car so I had to have one. I am only the second owner of this 01 GTP SE and I love it. Just purchased the car less than a month ago with 85k miles. Was a very well maintained car so I was very lucky to find it. Great daily driver with plenty of power from the super charger with out using much gas. No complaints from me.