Used 2004 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Am for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

Mediocre has a new definition

Camryn Cox, 02/15/2016
SE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Pros sporty look strong v6 engine smooth ride decent mpg for a v6 18-20city 23-26 highway Cons not very reliable cheap interior poor safety rating very little resale value bought car in 2012 with 65k, now has 106k, had numerous pricey repairs done, timing belt twice in 6 months, oil pan and transmission fluid leaks, faulty alternator, air conditioning stopped working at around 95k.

Maintain your car - No problems!!!!

Grand AM GT for me!, 12/04/2010

I am sitting here laughing my backside off at all the complaints. All but a few are due to lack of maintaince, just plain ignorance in taking care of a car, and the attitude "if it ain't broke don't fix it"! For instance the clicking in the dash is nothing but cleaning the turn signal wires on the blinker control. I bought my 2004 Grand Am Gt, loaded, used, with 57000 miles on it. It had everything original even the tires. I am still driving it as I bought it cause someone took great care of it and maintained it as any intelligent will do. Get off your backside "crybabies" and read the manual or can't you read???? Great car, no proglems! Always blame someone else for your troubles!! Duh!

Fantastic car.

tbam22, 09/29/2014

Got this car 5 years ago with 107,000 miles on her; 70,000 later and she still runs great. Motor mount snapped at 155,000 and we had to replace the water pump as well. Signals stopped working right at 175, and wheel bearings need to be replaced soon. Original battery lasted until 120. The mirrors stick out a bit too far. I've lost three. Eventually got ones that fold in. Overall a fantastic car and so much fun to drive. This was my first car; I think it says a lot about the car that it still performs so well after so being driven around so much by a young, inexperienced driver. A big disappointment they stopped making them so long ago; looks like my next car will be a G6.

Still Going Strong

navy67, 10/19/2014

I wrote a review back in Nov. 2012 when I hit 90,000 miles, and its now 2014, at 127,000 miles and its still going strong. I'm hoping that I can get another 100,000 miles before I have to get a new car. Too bad Pontiac is no longer.

Nice Car

M1 Garand, 07/27/2003

This car has done very well for my wife and I. We bought it 3 months ago and have since put over 7,000 miles on it. When waxing it, you will find that the car is full of small details that sets it apart from the SE model. No doubt, if your going to go in get the Ram Air, the difference isnt that great over the 3400 V6 but the body makes up for it, plus is sounds much better than the standard V6.

Great car

jamesb1323, 09/13/2005

Bought this car due to the low price. Price means nothing now, this is a great car and dependable. Fun to drive around town and excellent on the interstate, great starting in the winter (ND winters at time 30 below)

Great car

steven90, 05/20/2013

I own a 01 grand am se 3.4L and a 04 grand am gt ram air 3.4L 95k miles. the 01 has 185,000 miles and still runs like brand new. never any problems. just replaced normal maintenance stuff like struts, front hub bearings. other then that no prob's whatsoever. brakes lasted just over 3yrs before needed replaced. i tow a trailer also with the 01 sometimes. has original tran's also. both are great cars.

Great Car

webbr, 11/18/2009

In response to 2004 Grand Am SE1 Written by: GrandAmmer on 03/28/2009, I wanted to comment that the reason there is not a dipstick to check transmission fluid level is because these vehicles have a sealed for life transmission!! I have owned this car for six months now and love it. I got it with 70k miles on it. I have the 3400 v6 4door version. It is stylish inside and out. It is also very peppy for a v6 and sips the gas. I average 25 mpg with mostly city driving. I get closer to 30mpg if I drive all highway. The stereo is also very nice for factory!

Great Reliable Car

ROBERT, 02/28/2010

This car starts for me all the time in the dead of winter especially here in norhtern Il. I love this car, it is the best car I have ever owned. I love the acceleration of this car while on the highway especially going through Chicago's expressways.

The Most Refined FWD Grand Am

Matt, 12/04/2010

I owned a 1995 SE2 before this one, and finally decided to buy the '04 since my truck isn't getting the mileage it used to. So far the gas mileage has been great (25+ mpg)and there is enough power in that LA1 V6 to keep me in the fast lane without getting pulled over. I read some reviews about horrible gas mileage, but their favorite features are SPEED?!? Dumb. If you overdrive any car, after a while it will lose mileage. Stick with AC Delco replacement plugs/filters/wires/etc. and change them at regular intervals. This car will keep you going for well over 100K miles. The LA1 3.4-liter V6 is the most refined, American-built 60° since the 2.8-liter was introduced in the '80s. Great engine.

12345...13