Used 2004 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Am for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

Boooo

Barry09, 01/20/2010

Fuel pump went out atleast 4 times within first two months of owning car, constant, constant, constant ticking in dash, AIRBAGS DID NOT GO OFF in wreck when rear ending someone at 35 mph, coolant leaked constantly, tires leaked in cold weather, keyfab did not work, lots of problems. I would not suggest this car to ANYONE.

Love my Grand Am

Amy, 02/15/2010

I love my 04 Grand Am. This is the 3rd Grand Am I've owned and I'm not disappointed. I wish they would still make them. My first car ever was 93 - SE, my second car was a 95 - GT and my third car is my 04 GT. It's got enough getup to keep me happy, but it keeps me out of trouble. I have a race car for that.

Good but not great

chad, 03/02/2010

I bought my grand am gt 2 months ago and love it for the most part. It really runs well and has a thrill factor to it. I would like a little more power though. The ram air is a joke and im looking into cold air intake. Car guzzles gas like a v-8. It is important not to run cheap gas in these cars as your performance will suffer. Dont get me wrong i love th e car but pontiac cant seem to get enough power out of a 6- cylinder engine. Should be faster than it is. Any model but the gt is a waste of money.

Looks over quality

lovehatesit, 09/18/2012

I purchased this vehicle back in '07 it was working perfect up until about a year of having it all was well until I noticed some things going out and as murphy's law fix one thing another breaks. hazard switch was the first, then the breaks, then the bearing, electrical issues, a/c, wont turn over on hot days, heat goes on smells like gas, and now my window motor. this car is a beauty....but on the in-inside its all falling apart and i cant afford another vehicle let alone the repair costs. Dont bother to get this car if you REALLY want one, you can buy mine $12k.

Security system light probs

sjclark, 07/13/2010

I have loved my car for the last 5 years i have had it, but then slowly I am starting to have probs. The security light flashes and I do the "10 minutes, keep your key in the ON position" and it goes back to normal. I did have to finally replace the pass lock cylinder which GM swears they are the only ones that can fix this. $500 later it's fixed, but its been 3 years and I am starting to have those probs again! Very frustrating. Other than this issue, I love my car.

2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4 cyl (Automatic)

teh_banditto, 04/30/2013

Frankly, I do not believe the negative commenters, I have had mine for 14 months, and it has been a very reliable vehicle, granted I have ran into some rarely occuring transaxle problems, otherwise it's a strong, car with a peppy motor

Not Half Bad

GM man, 11/21/2010

I was forced to buy this car as the result of a divorce. Other than that bad taste fact the car has performed very well. Purchased new in 2004 and now has 97K on it. Have replaced battery, brakes, tires, front wheel bearing and the turn signal switch. Not to shabby if you ask me. Have had a couple of interior pieces break in the last year but its cosmetic and easy to replace. My son has inherited the car now and loves it. Do your scheduled maintenance and most cars will serve you well. I won't buy new again because I hate taking the hit when I want to change cars. Buying used you have to be careful and have a mechanic you trust check it before you buy it. Maintenance records great.

I Really Enjoy This Car

rhalld38, 06/19/2014

My 2004 Pontiac Grand Am I have had since 2005, and never had one major problem with it besides the blower motor kept going out on it and to replace it 3 times but I think it was because of where I got it from. The car has over 107,000 miles on it and have drove it from Illinois and Michigan numerous times with no problems at all. It drives great and looks great as well. I have been in a couple fender benders but the car still holds up in appearance. The only thing I do not like about this vehicle it has to many cup holders and the interior has to much plastic. Other than that it has great gas mileage while on the highway in the city it is about average.

Keep or Sell ???

tam10, 04/22/2011

I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep my 2004 Pontiac Grand Am Gt but I LOVE IT & it's such a nice looking car I would hate to get rid of it & would certainly miss it. Although since January all I did was start to replace things in it that have gone bad. First the rack in January then a good cleaning on the EGR sensor then last week front brakes,pads & routers then to top it all off on Saturday while moving a friend of mine the factory battery finally went after 7 yrs. Also the TRANSMISSION. OMG didn't know what to do at this point, pay the bank or pay 3000.00 to have the trans fixed, Well guess what I decided to do. Everything is getting fixed & replaced. Can't wait to get my "NEW" car back!

better than anticipated

hk, 08/18/2003

the grand am is providing better performance and enjoyability than I had imagined- its acceleration is fairly peppy, cornering quite good, braking excellent and the ride is smooth for the car's size. Standard features are numerous as one would expect from a GM vehicle.

12345...13