Used 2004 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Am for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

Bad fuel economy

Scott, 03/27/2009

Nice car but can, t seem to get more than 250 km on a tank of fuel ( city driving in cold winter ) maybe summer will be better. Even took it in to get looked at and apparently there is nothing wrong. Once again bad fuel economy. Bought a lemon.

2004 Grand Am SE1

GrandAmmer, 03/28/2009

Bought this car with 21K miles in good condition. Had to replace front brakes at 40k miles and front wheel bearings at 51K miles. I have now found out that these are common issues with Grand Ams. Car has been reliable running and decent on mileage. But resale value drops quickly. There are some shortcuts in this car, like no dipstick for transmission fluid level. Fog lights are for appearance only and are totally ineffective in actual fog. Not a bad car for the low price, but expect to pay for additional maintenance if you keep car for a few years.

Good Transportation

Jolena911, 01/01/2008

This is a reliable car and I still like the body styling. The styling makes it look kind of hot, but with the 2.2 four, it can't really do anything performance wise. The interior is one of GM's (unrotunate) specialties: hideous hard plastics in dank colors. The dash is really ugly with two hard plastic lumps that I suppose are supposed to resemble an airplane cockpit??? The GAm's interior is so bad that I rode in a friend's Corrolla and thought I was in a Bentley. On the other hand, the GAm is extremely reliable. I've only had to do regular maintence. No breakdowns and no nagging problems at all. This car is good transportation, but it's market value is weak.

Best car that I have owned

ROBERT, 06/07/2009

I love my Pontiac Grand Am its too bad that there not going to make any more Pontiacs. The car gets great gas mileage and it is very peppy especially when your passing someone on a two lane road. What I dont like about it it has to many cup holders and the rear cup holder that folds out you cannot place any cup in the holder without it spilling onto the floor.

Almost Five years of Fun

Vanessa, 08/21/2009

I am still enjoying my car, I love the pick up on the open freeway. The CD player went out a very long time ago. All of the repairs I have had were minor such as radiator, waterpump.. when I first got the car I had problems with the sensory switch (or security light) but that was fixed under the warranty and it never happened again. When I sell my car next year (to up grade) someone will be getting a heck of a deal..

Best purchase I made.

Doe, 09/22/2009

I happened to walk onto a car lot just browsing and laid eyes on this car and had to have it immediately. It was used with 80k miles for 7000 dollars at the time. I grabbed the car up, since then I added a K&N air filter and new 17' rims and low profile tires and omg yes 2 12' subs in the trunk. Awesome Car. I love the way the car handles and feels while driving it. Working on dual exhaust and a new paint job because white isn't my style, but over all that car is hot. No mechanical problems and I keep maintenance up on the car.

Poorly made car to say the least

joshchevy4, 09/30/2009

I had bought this car used in '05 and am the first real owner as it was a rental car prior to my purchase. For a kid I put quite a few miles on it, came with 28,000 and now it has 93,000. Brakes were a huge problem, replaced them and front rotors a couple times. Caliper went out, wheel bearing went out, and now I've been facing these electrical problems which eventually led to the passing of this car. No dash lights, smoking from the dash area, no brake lights, and now the fuel pump is shot. Interior falls apart each time i sneeze, and I've had nothing but the worst experiences with it (excluding the time I topped out at 120). Do yourselves a favor and buy a Honda, Toyota, or Mitsubishi.

Great First Car!

Lindsay03, 10/27/2009

This is my very first car, and I'm still loving every bit of it. Though we've had to change the front brakes once at about 84000 miles and just replace the signal flasher (?), which was only about $150 (But that was doing the labor from my dad). Even though it has only about a 12 gallon tank, it still gets fairly good gas mileage. I figure I got about 19 to the gallon...could be worse.

Good First Car

Melissa, 11/11/2009

First car ever. While I mourn the lack of power windows, the car itself isn't all that bad. Has quite a bit of zoom for a 4cyl, with excellent freeway acceleration. Also, good gas mileage. I've done 400 miles on a tank. I've made a few boo-boos, and drove for over a year without the passenger side mirror, as well as crunched a few fenders. However, this car has a horrid side crash safety rating, which occasionally gives me nightmares. On the whole, it makes a good first car, since it's fairly cheap but has some power.

STINKS ON GAS!!!!

Edie, 12/03/2009

I don't know if anyone else has this issue but this car all of a sudden is getting bad gas mileage. Was getting around 32mpg before but now I'm lucky if I get 14mpg. Have had other issues too and the car is only 4 years old. Will not buy a Pontiac again.

12345...13