Used 2004 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Am for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

2004 Grand Am

wally, 09/07/2008

Purchased this car new in October of 2004. It may be one of the best cars I have ever had. Has been stone cold reliable, everything seems to last forever. With a V-6, I get 21 mpg in the city, and 27 on the highway. If you can find a clean one used, buy it. Car has original rear brakes and original tires! Unbelievable!

Great!!

polar2010, 07/23/2012

I bought this car in August 2011 for $4,550 and it had about 147,000 miles on it. I only replaced the fuel pump, my enemy put diesel in my gas tank. I got it replaced for $800, but the car runs really good so far! Now it has about 155,000 miles on it. I change oil every 3,000 miles or every 3 months. I barely let my gas to go below half tank. It works really good but sometimes the light "trac on" and "check the engine" will come on, I got them checked but nothing was wrong with my car.

2004 Grand Am 2.2 4cyl 4A

bpeters1, 12/26/2013

I've had the car for about 3 months now and have put a little over 3,000 miles on it. I bought it used with 98,000 miles on it. So far I've had no problems with it. The 4cyl engine suits this car well, but sometimes seems reluctant to downshift. It has absolutely zero power at low RPM. The gas mileage I get is exactly as listed at 27 MPG. Love the way the car handles. The interior (especially light switches) are obviously cheaply made, and often pop in and out of their slots.

Grand Am 2004

fldeb, 10/21/2012

I purchased my Grand Am in Oct. 2004. Carfax report said it was a rental car. It currently has 79,000 miles. The door panels developed bubbles. Had them replace since it was under warrant. Didn't last long. All 4 door panels has bubbles in them. A/c knob broke. Inside light only works 10% of the time. A plastic nut in the widowshield wippers broke, I couldn't just buy the nut I had to buy the whole motor system. trunk leaks. Biggest problem is the dashboard lifting up. Dealership says it will cost over $1200 to fix and they will need my car 3 or 4 days. The lifting dashboard crumbled my defrosters. I can't use them. Blinkers keep blinking. 3 windows need new window regulator cost $390 each.

Love it, wish they still made them

Clarissa, 01/14/2020
GT1 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my 2004 Grand Am, by far the best car I’ve ever owned. To this day it still only has 170,000km. I’ve tempted and turned down 3 brand new cars because I couldn’t let my Grand Am go. Only minor issues that are easily fixable that don’t put a dent in the pocket. I’ll never get rid of this car. I wish they still made them!

pontiac grand am se2,not that good

brad2471, 09/07/2011

I bought this grand am abought a 3months ago. its a nice car for a girl, the car is very cramped. performance is pertty good very fast car. there is some minor problems with this car. the trunks leaks bad. there is a clicking sound behind the dash. ac does not work. dash lights only half work. the fog lights do not work if pontiac comes back they need to redesign the grand am.

This car is a step behind the rest

Courtney, 04/12/2005

This is my 1st Pontiac that I traded my Nissan Altima for, big mistake! My Altima drove like a luxory vehicle, this thing is so loud and rough riding. You can hear everything that is going on outside of the car, especially freeway traffic. The inside is pretty basic compared to other sedans in its class (honda, nissan, toyota...) Its getting left in the dust by other competitor's styles.

they seem nice until you own one.

AJGierer, 10/08/2004

i enjoyed this car until stuff starting breaking for no reason. like the strut broke and broke the spring and ripped up the tire, at 50000 miles. then at about 51000 the power steering pump and pressure hose behind it broke. not only that but that parts for GM cost an arm and a leg and the labor for this poorly desigened cars is a killer too. as i said i liked this car until i had to do repairs on things that should not of broke or the expensive labor costs.

Love this car!

mike_65_, 07/08/2008

Bought this car a month ago and really am pleased with it. It handles much better then the 1997 Chev Lumina I had. It is fun to drive and is very good on gas and has great pep for a 2.2L. I get lots of compliments on the styling of the car. The graystone metallic is just my color.

Fun to drive but some issues

prettybuez28, 12/28/2008

I purchased this car in July of 07'. Loved it when I laid eyes on it. I have had some issues as far as repairs go. An ignition control sensor went out 1 month after I bought it. That was about $500. About 2 months later had the wheel berring and traction control sensor go in the left front, that was about $300. And the last thing was kind of expected with 65,000 miles about 1 year later. Had a fuel pump go out. That cost about $500. All those things were just basic maintaince but still expensive. Other then those things my car has been a great car and expensive on gas with the higher prices.

12345...13