Used 2004 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Am for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

2004 Grand Am 260K plus and keeps on going!

mikiejay21, 01/19/2011

I have had my 2004 Pontiac Grand Am for 6 years now and I still love it! Up until this week, i've never had a problem until the climate control went out. Turns out that I blew out the blower motor, and blower motor resistor, along with the circuit breaker. It was about an $800.00 repair which isn't bad considering how many miles were on the car. Other than that, no major problems at all, and it still runs like it's brand new!

Best car ever

ScottJ, 08/30/2003

I love grand ams, this is the best yet

Lovin' it!

tatooedlady, 06/10/2004

2004 SE1 with the V-6 engine. I've driven most of what's on the road, and I am in LOVE! Of course, it doesn't hurt that I got a great deal on it...Using premium gas I've gotten almost 30mpg with the 3.4L engine. Drives smoothly, gets up and GOES when I need to, reasonable gas mileage, doesn't shake, squeak, rattle or do other nasty tricks AND it turns heads. What more can I ask for?

Best Car!

Lakhota, 07/24/2009

I've got the 2.2 Ecotec & I'm extremely pleased with it, get almost 40mpg hywy! Very easy to modify ie; added factory spoiler and upgraded to factory monsoon sound system (took some time), fold down seats were a breeze to add, even keyless entry was easy to install. Comfortable, quiet, looks awesome love all the features & most of all, Solid Form Design!

My 2004 Grand AM

fl41, 12/15/2013

This was my last car. It served me well. Wasn't exactly the best car I ever had though. Head gasket went on it shortly after I bought it (used). My aunt bought me a remote starter for it. Wich the car was not to reliable with. Every time I used the remote, I would have to check to see if the car actually started or not. All lights (running lights ect.) gave an indication that it did start, but the engine did otherwise. It would however start every time with the key (sometime a rough start). It was surprisingly good in the snow even with cheap black label tires. I will admit, it never left me stranded any where. I would not recommend this car for a tall person.

great car

jameshorton4, 11/03/2014

had this GA 04 for 10 yrs. got it with 19000 miles on it. So far, had to replace the master/slave cylinder-due to defective master-trailing arm,due to hydroplaning into ditch. and now it's getting close to 200000 miles and it's starting to crunch shifting to third. guess it's time to change the syncro's. been a great car. excellent handling and mileage for gas. don't know if it's worth the expense or time to change them. but it has been an awesome car. I put it through a lot of stuff over the last ten years. would def get another one like it.

great college/college grad car

midwesterner, 03/14/2005

I love this car. I use to drive a hyundai tiburon which looked great but drove awful. After test driving 8 cars I had to have the grand am. It drives so smoothly and sometimes i don't even realize i just went around curves. My gas mileage is 24 mpg (both city and highway miles) while my old car (a 4cyl.) was only getting 27. I also love how the radio stays on after you take the keys out. Before I get out of the car I leave the cd playing my favorite song and eight hours later I turn on my car to find my favorite song. I just got a chance to drive it in the snow and it handled really well. I was worried because i hate antilock brakes in snowy weather.

Have loved it since it was new...til now

pontiacgirl_78, 08/02/2011

I bought this car brand new in 05. I love driving it, it looks great, and its still got get up and go at 98,000 miles BUT....It needs intake gasket #3 (1st one at 23, 000 miles.) The front end is shot...the bearing, the $400 a piece struts, the steering and the axle thingy. All sorts of warning lights keep coming on too. I think sorry to say its time to trade it in. Ive also had problems with the drivers window falling down into the door twice and the back door hasnt opened in about 3 years. It has never left me on the side of the road, but now its not even safe to drive. Ive loved her and took care of her since the day I got her, but at 98k thats too much to be going wrong.

overall-solid car

csmith6107, 06/02/2015
SE2 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

So I purchased my 2004 Pontiac Grand Am for $700 from my mothers friend (previously I thought Pontiacs were terrible). I use it as a daily driver to get to school, work, hangout with friends, etc. The only complaint I have is the clicking sound that it makes. It sounds like the turn signal, but is more sporadic and very annoying. I have had it for about a year now and I love how it drives. It handles pretty well in the snow and can pick up pretty quick if needed. I find myself checking it out every time I park. I'm coming up on 200,000 miles and am going to part ways with it soon due to the expense of a timing belt, definitely considering buying another one though!!!

Good car for the price

3rd grand am, 12/15/2007

This is my 3rd Grand Am that I have owned. 97, 00, and 04 models. I have been fairly happy with this car except for the wind noise from the window seals that the dealerships didn't seem to want to fix even though I had it in 5 times for the noise. This car is what you would expect from GM. Low grade interior materials.

12345...13