Used 2004 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan Consumer Reviews

$1,995

Used Grand Am for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

I love it

KKKHaze, 09/04/2006

I love my car. This is my second Grand Am and have had absolutely NO trouble with either.

poor quality of a car

michelle, 09/05/2006

I have had this car since Jan. of 04 and it has been nothing but trouble. After 1200 miles the evaporator core started leaking and had no cool air. Now recently with 43,000 miles on it the right wheel bearing is out. For as much money as i paid for it...it would be better quality....boy was i wrong. I have talked to numerous people and they have same complaints. Another thing is the resale value of this car is awful........it has no resale value at all. Anyways good luck to anyone else owning one of these piles.

Pure Pleasure

Ronald Smith, 11/23/2006

I own a gold 2004 Pontiac Grand Am that I purchased on March 31, 2006. I test drove this car before purchasing it, & I will have to say that it is absolutely a fun car to drive. Would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a dependable means of transportation. Fuel mileage is excellent. I have checked it after running 3 tanks of fuel through it & I averaged 17.7 on one tank, 17.5 on one tank & 19.5 on one tank. Anyone looking for a dependable means of transportation with very good gas mileage around town, this is the car to check out. Plenty of leg room front & back & excellent handling characteristics.

Pontiac Grand Am

Ronald Smith, 11/27/2006

I am a 40 year old who purchased a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am in March of 2006. I will have to say, that I test drove several other cars before making my decision to purchase the 2004 Pontiac Grand Am. I am well pleased with handling, performance, & reliability. I would recommend this car to anyone out there who wants a sporty, reliable & excellent gas mileage automobile. The car also has a fantastic stereo/CD system & that is also one of its best features. This car is one of the best at gas mileage & as a testimonial I have run three tanks through my 2004 Grand Am & I have averaged 17.7 mpg. on one tank, 17.5 mpg. on the second tank & 19.5 on the third tank.

Nice Car

montrose, 03/19/2007

After driving larger vehicles for many years I found this car fun to drive and very economical. May 2006 when I bought it gas was around $3 gallon. Shortly after buying it I drove from Michigan to Houston and got 34-36 miles per gallon. City driving I get 20-22 mpg, not bad and it's fun to drive.

It Is What It Is

suburbancollegekid, 03/09/2007

My 18th birthday present. Purchased for $12,500 with 13K on the odo. Only a two year old car at the time. Grand Ams are overlooked because they are last-gen and built on 90s tech, but all around they are great and sized just right. You can't beat the bang for your buck with a Grand Am. Good performance around town & on the highway. I picked my SE1 b/c it didn't have the nasty plastic side body panels. Mine is just like the one in the Edmunds' picture.

Would never had believed the all around

pontiac grand am ,04, 03/25/2007

Not even a quarter of a tank fountain to va hosp/. Denver, smooth shift, smooth ride, and an all around rugged car..

Red Grand

margaret, 09/25/2007

I"ve owned my car for 2 years. I have kept it in very good shape. It is a very clean good looking car, inside and out. New tires, new brakes great for distant trips

Great Car For The Money

jagbaby06, 05/30/2007

This a very good car. First of all it has some very old school 1960's era styling cues such as astro vent balls as A/C vents and that classic Pontiac grille. The 2.2L Ecotech engine rated at 140hp at 5,600rpm and 150lbs-ft of torque at 4,000 rpm delivers decent power in the upper rpm range and good power in town. I put it up to 107mph while rushing my wife to the hospital and it never acted funny and still had half pedal. I have no idea where the governor is set at. The driver's window control came loose at 69,000 miles but nothing super glue couldn't fix. It has a problem throwing Service Engine Soon lights if the gas cap isn't turned at least 3 clicks. The 4 speed auto slush box wanders sometimes.

PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS CAR

MariaVega, 09/27/2007

Had to replace battery twice in less than three years, turns out passlock problem was draining my battery, car leaving me stranded at any time, Passlock problem, driver side window not working, 'cosmetic' falling apart, rearview mirror fell. Please do yourself a favor if you are looking for reliable, getting to work or taking kids to school this is not reliable, if you start having PASSLOCK problems better pray is paid off so that you can get rid of this. I work so hard pay my car on time, do the maintenance and yet it fails me. Shame on you GMC, stop putting passlock on this cars! Never again will buy any GMC product. Own a 97 sunfire, never had this much problems!

51050