Used 2004 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan Consumer Reviews

$1,995

Used Grand Am for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

LOvin iT

jte7690, 11/08/2004

I got this car from my dad. It runs great but i think it could run smoother. There is a bunch of room for an 17 year old and his friends. Gets people's attention when driving.

Grand Am

Gand AM, 12/21/2004

Compared to most imports I have driven the Grand Am handles better than most and has enough power to be sporty. The only problem I have is the automatic transmission and the hesitation when attempting to accelerate to pass a slow foreign car in front like a Camry or Nissan.

amazing quality

Micha, 12/21/2004

This is my second Pontiac Grand Am and I love it. It does not give you an iffy feeling on driving distances, it is very reliable, little maintainance needed. I would recommend this kind of car to anyone at any time.

Okay for the price it's worth

Ohio, 02/05/2005

My expectation for the Grand Am was "fuel for the soul", sporty and something that can satisfy your needs. However, It didn't quite do that for me after awhile, it was short-term. I became unimpress with the overall quality and performance. The center console along with everything else in the interior feels extremely cheap. The exterior is okay, the only thing that bothers me is the emptiness and gaps of the plastic moldings, it can really make the engine very dirty during the winter with salt and dirt which I notice when driving during this season. Engine performance is acceptable, a lot of low end torque but it disappears at higher revs (no top end). After awhile, the car feels old =(

RaRa's GrandAmSE1Sdn

Mark R, 04/07/2005

We have found the Grand AM SE1 Sedan to be a thrill to drive. We would definitely recommend the V-6, as we are partial to the torgue of the larger engine. The car is very reliable, has a the basic power options, and handles well for a mid-size sedan. Comes with all-season touring tires that are also speed rated, which adds to the handling of cornering. It's a great little performer. It's not the G6 though, it's 25 ponies short, although I prefer the Grand Am design over that of the G6.

Great Car Would buy Another!!!!!!!!!!!

bobby, 10/14/2005

Got This car 7mo ago it is a 2004 pontiac grand am v 6 3.4. the car rides smooth and is a great car never had to put anything into this car just gas, and just change the oil thats it. this car is a very reliable vehicle.fun to drive. Would recommend to anyone.

Grand Am Fan

Grand am fan, 11/26/2005

Good Car, reliable, peppy v6, I would buy another for my wife if she needed one

upgrade with $2000 or buy another car.

fabian gutierrez, 02/11/2006

I had my car for a year and a half. 2 crashes,(one major and one minor damage) overall still look and handle like new. I have upgade it with boral Exhaust ($750 installed)cold air intake ( $200 installed) better wires, spark plugs, pulleys,ect, and tweak the engine.($700 installed) The rest was spent on non performce parts. any ways my car now rates 235 HP and 245 lb-ft trq.I never had any problem but I take care of it really well. I live in Cali, so in the hot days the temp go's over 215 F in engie. good gas and low noise. good space back and trunk. small for people ove 6'3''. my dad can't fix. any way the point is with that extra 2000 you could buy a better car. I still beat civics, accords, cavs

good first car

RanLeBlanc, 04/17/2006

Have the car for 2 years and no problems. Not as good on gas as I expected.

So great I bought a 2nd one!

crystal, 05/01/2006

This is my 2nd Grand Am. The first I had was a 2000, then we traded it in for the newer 2004 with V6. We love our Grand Am. It's a sporty enough car that you still feel young, but it's big enough that it fits the family. The V6 option provides great pickup, and the car handles very well at any speed.

51050