Used 2003 Pontiac Grand Am Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Am for Sale
Select your model:
12345...26

Pros
Cons

it's okay

Doug, 06/17/2016
GT1 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I drive my cousins 2003 Pontiac grand am gt all the time that it's basically my car. there so many problems. the big ones are the coolant system problems, leaks coolant and overheats, always filling coolant. needs a new radiator. seals around windshield and back windshield are coming up, radio doesn't light up anymore, cheap materials overall. has good power and acceleration though, I'm not afraid to put it to the floor and pass someone, electrical issues with security system though, keyless entry doesn't work. headlights very foggy. only but if it has less than 120k

Great

Escalante, 12/10/2006

Great performance, amazing when traveling on road and highways. Nice experience driving it at high speed, good control and stability

1st Grand Am GT

apple3006, 08/05/2006

I love my car!!! I bought it with 21K miles still under warranty. Regular oil changes, tire rotations, etc. this car runs fine. I changed the battery and had work done under warranty just after purchasing, since then, no problems!! I work at a high end car retailer and wouldn't even think of buying from my job. Very reliable car, good engine,love the leather interior, moonroof and "moonsoon" stereo. I get tons of compliments about the chrome wheels too! Only wish it had more grip in the snow and ice, you have to drive carefully in the winter weather. Just a tad bit more HP would make this car better, but it's awesome!!

This is why Pontiac has died.

MDM in MD, 05/07/2009

I'm the original owner of my Grand Am GT. Bought it, and am still paying for it since October 2003. Was a great ride and reliable for the better of 4 years. Now six years out, the car is falling apart. Pads and rotors seem to be replaced often.Surprising since I don't race the car, and it is used as a daily commuter with 114,000 miles on it. Replaced ignition switch, emergency brake (broke after replacement by dealer, they had never seen that before), head gasket, and now putting off drivetrain and suspension repair. Tell myself everyday, "Why did I ever buy this car?" GM vehicles seem to have become the money pit of car ownership in my experience. I say buy foreign for better quality!

Great second car

jtemple5, 07/06/2013

Bought this car used back in 2008 with around 55k miles on it... just hit 140k and am looking to replace it, but not for anything specific, I'm just anticipating a problem since I've never had one yet. Even winding up nose first in a snow bank on the side of the highway didn't stop it. Aside from minor wear and tear work, we've never had to replace anything major, even with it being our only car for 4+ years, surviving all those New England winters. Excellent car, excellent style, and roomy inside even with its smaller exterior.

12345...26