Used 2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Consumer Reviews

Used Firebird for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Trans Am WS6

ramairwarrior, 04/04/2002
Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

The LS1 WS6 Trans Am will get your adrenaline pumping as soon as you sit behind the wheel and turn the key. The Vette Based Aluminum Block V8 will do 0- 60 in 5.1 seconds, break loose into 2nd, and chirp into 3rd consistantly out of the box with no mods. Mustangs dont stand a chance. Interior wise, they could have tried to make it stand out from the other pontiacs. The guages and radios really dont differ from the bonneville or grand prix. However, the Prado leather seating is very comfortable and easy on the back. I would defienaty put the T-Top shades on for hot summer weather. All in all this is the hottest looking vehicle out.

4 Years in Germany @ 163.2 mph

Zebranapper, 01/26/2007
Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

These cars are amazing. I moved to Germany in Dec 2000. Was there until Jan 05 and I had 6 miles (10 kilometers) of Autobahn everyday @163.2 miles per hour (except in the rain I slowed to 120 mph) which is where the STOCK rev limiter kicks in (5th Gear 5750 rpm) Then drop it in 6th the car slows to 150 mph at 3700 rpm. At 110 miles per hour I got 26 Miles per gallon on a 300 mile trip. For $28,000 new you still can't beat me for the bang for $. I am returning to Germany this Spring for 4 more years (maybe more if I can retire there) of exquisite experiences of running down the autobahn at small aircraft velocities and still get reasonable gas mileage. Minor mods make this and excellent "Bahn Burner

I love my Trans Am!

md4dmse, 11/17/2008
Trans Am 2dr Convertible

I got this car before I got pregnant with twins, so it doesn't see as much use now as it used to. The WS6 coupled with the convertible was actually my dream car and I was amazed and thrilled when I got it! It has never disappointed me at all. At 8 years old with close to 90k, I've only replaced a wheel bearing and a window motor outside of regular maintenence. A pretty good record if you ask me. The gas mileage is unbelievable for this 5.7 too! I use Bosch platinum plugs and get over 30mpg when I keep the air filter clean. I have absolutely no complaints with this car after 4 and a half years of ownership, and I still drive it multiple times weekly even since the twins! Can't go wrong!

Slammed and Cammed LS1

Willy, 11/30/2009
Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

This is my third fbody and by far the fastest. I have modified the cars exhaust, intake, suspension, upgraded to a larger cam shaft, wheels, tires, 4.10 gears. To this day I am leaving cars 4-5 times its worth in the dust. I use it as a daily driver with a large cam and a very loud glasspack exhaust. The only problem the car has ever given me was a dead battery. It is an absolute thrill to drive and to this day still turns heads with its agressive black exterior and functional ram air hood. All the options still work, AC blows cold. Heater works unbelievably good. No oil leaks or burning. Seats are comfortable, even though the "leather" looks sort of plain. Over all this is a great car

By Far, The Best Sports Car Under 45k

TomG, 06/19/2002
Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 2000 Bright Red Trans Am in early August of 2000 after repeatedly test driving Mustangs, Eclipses, Celicas, and even a BMW 3 series. What I wanted was a sporty, fun, and fast car for around 25 - 30k. I have every option except for the WS6 package (3k for 15 horses?) I opted for the 4 speed auto rather than the Hurst 6 speed which I found to be clumsy with long throws and an imprecise feel, not to mention that horrid skip shift. The performance of this car is just unreal. I haven't had any problems thus far in the 1.5 years that I've had it. The Monsoon sound system is simply amazing. I would reccomend this car to anyone who loves driving.

12345...9