Used 1998 Plymouth Voyager Minivan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Voyager for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Voyagers Rock

voyager99, 04/01/2013

I bought a 1998 Plymouth Voyager with 165,000 miles on it in 2011 for 1100 and all I can say is Im impressed. Ive put just about ZERO money into it and even was late on the oil changes but this thing still starts with the first turn of the key. Other minor things have gone wrong as the car is old but nothing major. I work with a guy that also owns one and he says its the best vehicle he has ever owned. I hear these are not so reliable but that has not been my experience. Take it for what it is, if you can find one for a cheap price grab it. Its a fun and comfortable vehicle to drive and I loved mine till I sold it for a newer car.

Good ole faithful

Angie, 10/05/2008

This has been the best van that I could say our family has ever owned. We got it with about 90K and now it has 113,000 and is still running like a champ. The interior is crazy comfortable and it is built nice a strong on the outside. We abuse our cars though a little, since we are always so busy, but this vehicle hasn't given out on us at all. No major repairs whatsoever, just some brake fixing but that's about it. Love this van, it's picked up almost every single person in our family like a taxi cab and it just goes all over the city like a little bus. I love this vehicle!

expensive mistake

tooltime1, 01/14/2006

What seemed to be a good deal, even after having a mechanic look at it, was in fact a ticking time bomb. Within 1000 miles it overheated and cost $1750.00 to fix (oil in radiator); pretty much everything but heads were replaced then a rear main seal. Then the alternator belt snapped and went into main belt and fried compressor. To add to my stupidity I bought a Wynn’s warranty, which paid next to nothing on all repairs. It is not even good enough to be used as toilet paper. The ASE mechanics that have worked on this are not big fans of any Plymouth, especially late 90s models. From now on I will by used 1 year old with manufacturer’s warranty.

My Baby served me well!

kathy, 09/05/2008

I have enjoyed my Voyager over the past 11 years. I average 20 miles per gal in the city and 25 highway. I have been doing many trips to Virginia Beach since my twin grandsons and daughter live there and I feel its time to look for a new vehicle but I don't know what I want. I love my Voyager and just had the evaporator core replaced. My mechanic says its time to start looking for something newer to be safe since I am female and drive the trip alone. I do not have one scratch or rust spot on it and until the past year it was keep outside year round.

Never Again

Roswell, 02/19/2003

You read the other reviews and I have experienced every lousy detail ... third set of brakes, A/C out @ 70k, transmission leak, poor brakes. The Chrysler folks have built a pile of #@% &. Save yourself the headache & buy Japanese.

Wonderful Vehicle

Robert1, 07/14/2004

I bought this 1998 van for work transportation with 80000 miles on it, I now have 101000 miles and have not experienced any problems so far.

1998 Ply Voy

purpleseed, 11/10/2004

@ $3000.00, 110K miles, in great shape, this car is a great value for a family. Agility, comfort, and over 25mpg, this mvan is a pleasure to own. No payments makes this car better than a new vehicle.

A great runner

Mike, 06/14/2006

I bought the '98 Voyager new off the lot, and other than regular maintenance, and an intitial snag with the radio, this car has been PRISTINE. Its engine is smooth. I have had no issues with the A/C. The transmission shifts smooth and clean. I think the bad rap some give the Chryslers are because they beat the crap out of them and don't take care of them - oil, tranny flush. I'm gonna keep it till it croaks - which will be a long time.

Best Vehicle we ever owned

98 voyager, 04/09/2010

I never thought I would say this, but this is the most reliable vehicle we owned. We bought it used (110k mi) intending to keep 3-4 years, and still have it after 7. Looked at Ford, GM and Toyota, but the Voyager had the best ride, interior and styling. Transmission was repaired for a seal leak. Otherwise no problems with 190k miles today. Very smooth and quiet, comfortable ride. Nice interior and styling. A real dependable workhorse for us. 3.8 engine is smooth and reliable. Pulls a camper easily. Great gas mileage!

Very Good For The Money.... : )

darius45, 07/20/2003

After driving a rental across country, I purchased a used rental with 15K miles on it & now have 97K miles with only a couple of problems. Fuel pump & window motor failed ( warranty work ). With 75% of my driving being highway, it's very good on gas, smooth, quiet & comfortable. Currently looking for a 2003 Voyager.

51050