Used 1995 Oldsmobile Aurora Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Aurora for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

my aurora

brianeaton, 07/05/2011

I have a 1995 oldsmobile aurora it is one of two i have a 1972 chevelle ss and i would love to get my aurora in tip top shape bout to rebuild it all i recomend keeping a car like this it is a family/ sports car and im not getting rid of mine any time soon

Great car

mitch, 04/02/2005

I haved owned this car 5 years. It is a cruiser. Very comfortable ride. Great sound system. It gets 20 mpg in town and 26 on the highway. Replaced starter myself and the AC compressor was replaced. Lots of power. The styling is timeless. Lots of room in the car and in the trunk. Love the car.

Best Used Car Value!!!!!!!!!

SteVB, 02/26/2002

Highly recommended to anyone (NOT LOOKING FOR A CHEAP CAR) as an excellent used car value. Cannot beat the options,comfort,performance,safety,and styling of this car. However ,this is not a "cheap" car, so to all you cheap people-stick with the dull but affordable Chevrolet.This car is for those with class,not afraid to maintain class.

1995 Olds Aurora

Nobrakes, 03/06/2002

I purchased my Aurora used. After replacing a bad crank sensor, the car runs great. Everything works on it and I have not had any major problems. The car is very quiet and smooth. Overall I am very satisfied with this vehicle but I am worried that it will have no resale value.

gotta love the Aurora

jasrod, 01/18/2003

When we bought this car we paid $15,000. We could not believe that we could buy a car this fantastic for that price! We were sure that the entire engine would fall out in a few months considering the value of this car when it was new. Almost 4 years later we have only replaced one valve and 2 belts for normal wear-and-tear. What an amazing value! The only downside is the quick depreciation. This is probably the prettiest car we will ever own.

Too Bad GM didn't continue a good thing

gejfay, 01/03/2003

The Olds Aurora Engine has been the most highly tested engine in the history of the industry. Reviews that imply an engine problem suggest the car was severly neglected. Despite 7 years of driving this car I can't find a reason to trade it in. It still runs as good as the day I drove it off the lot. In 80,000 miles I needed to replace an EGV valve. Thats it.

Best Car I ever owned

Brian Chipman, 03/18/2002

Too bad that Olds is going away and that they downsized the Aurora in 1999. This is a fun car with tremendous power and stability. On a regular basis we drive it from our home to visit daughter and family about 350 miles away. We always get 30 to 32 mpg. Liked the 95 so well that we just purchased another Aurora made in May of 1999

Lemon alert

unhappy customer, 05/22/2002

Don't buy used! Kept my car in mint condition, but engine (head gasket) went at 150000 miles and will cost $8000 (Canadian) to replace!!!!!!! Obviously I'm not buying another GM product.

1995 Olds Aurora

Luckly Eddie, 06/16/2003

AC, power sterring, transmission, front struts, starter, power windows, fuel tank door and breaks have all been repaired or replaced at least once, AC twice. If this is an indication of how US car manufatures are catching up with the Japans and Europeans don't buy them! I bought the car used and have enjoyed it's looks and ride, but the repairs were a bummer, even thought the first year I owen it the repairs were coverd by GM.

Expensive but unique ride

GA doctor, 06/09/2008

Bought it used with less than 50,000 miles and it's been a dream to drive, comfortable, fast, reasonably economical with smaller Northstar engine. Now with over 100,000 miles, and on a salvage engine, after the original cracked its block, it's not so fun to own. All major components have been repaired at considerable expense (transmission, A/C, power steering pump, fuel pump twice, misc. other items), and I've thrown in the towel and trying to sell it. It's a shame that GM can't back up their futuristic big car with some decent reliability. I'm driving only foreign iron now. It's nickname is "Old Man" and beginning to act like it.

51050