Used 2016 Nissan Titan XD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan Titan XD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan XD model:

Bad transmission; Titan in the shop for 4 weeks
By MS

2016 Nissan Titan XD Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

My Titan has a terrible, maybe defective transmission, something reported by thousands of owners on Titantalk.com. At 18 months and with only 20,000 miles the truck is down, locked up on the dealership lot, waiting for parts that are backordered and never seem to arrive. They say the engine light code shows a bad control valve assembly and transmission control module. But the truck has been hesitating and lurching and fluttering on acceleration since it had a thousand miles on it, and the dealership said they were aware of the problem but didn't know how to fix it. Now the truck has broken down on the side of the road, we limped it into the local dealership, and Nissan North America still doesn't know when parts can be delivered to the dealership. Its a nightmare. I'm in a crappy rental even though I have a bumper to bumper warranty for 100,000 miles or 5 years. But basically I don't have a truck anymore. Buyer beware. I'll never buy another Nissan truck.

A Great Bang for Your Buck
By Anthony Todd Quire

2016 Nissan Titan XD Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

This is a great buy if your looking for an all around truck for work and leisure. Gives you the feel of a 3/4 ton yet handles like a 1/2 ton. Very spacious and comfortable. Not great on gas, but it is a big truck built for hauling.

PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING. SAFETY ISSUE.
By Concerned

2016 Nissan Titan XD Crew Cab Platinum Reserve 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I am concerned and Nissan should be too. This is a serious safety issue. This issue has happened three times since I purchased this truck less than 3 weeks ago. In the middle of driving I suddenly lose power as if I let off the gas pedal, only I don't. It just starts coasting and wont respond to me pushing down on the accelerator. All the electrical power stays intact. The RPMs stay around 1 no matter how far down I push the gas pedal. The most serious incident occurred a day ago. I pulled out from a stop sign. As I turned right I accelerated to 10 mph then nothing. No response to me pushing the gas pedal. I floored it, nothing. I eased into it, nothing. It slowed to 5 mph and crept until I could pull off on a side street. I put it in park and back in drive and it seemed to do the trick. If I had been crossing traffic I would have stalled and been hit by an oncoming car. The first time this incident happened I was cruising along at 40 mph when it just died on me. It slowed to 15 mph as I pushed to accelerator. It happened over 3-5 seconds. All of a sudden it came back to life and leaped up in RPMs. I emailed Nissan a week ago when it first happened. No response. I emailed them this time. No response. I called them and they have instructed I take it in to a dealer, which I will. It is 2016 certified pre-owned. Its a nice truck but of course not worth risking someone's life/health. Needless to say I'm a regretful owner.

Nissan Titan XD PRO 4X Vibration
By Patrick

2016 Nissan Titan XD Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased a 2017 Nissan Titan XD PRO 4X in January 2017 and it has been a huge let down.Nissan lost one of their #1 fans. The day I drove the truck home I felt a vibration coming from what appeared to be the rear of the truck and the steering was also pulling hard to the right. I assumed these would be simple repairs. After a month in the shop the dealers did 3 front end alignments that did not change anything . Each time supposedly using new specs .They addressed the vibration by installing new tires on a new truck with 2k miles.The dealer then rotated and balanced the tires several times which did not do anything to correct the vibration. The service supervisor at the second dealer I took it to agreed after all their work the issues have not been corrected . The dealer allowed me to drive another new titan XD PRO 4x and it did the exact same thing my truck did. The dealer suggested I contact Nissan consumer affairs. After reading about how unhelpful Nissan consumer affairs has been I decided to get rid of the truck while I still could. I did allot of research before I purchased this truck and chose the XD because I currently own the first generation titan and a Nissan Armada that I have been happy with. Whats truly disappointing is Nissan has to Know about these issues but has chosen not to address them. I did not want to get stuck with a lemon so I decided to trade in the Titan with 6K miles on it for a F250 .This Titan has serious issues and the dealers have no knowledge on how to correct them. (So far I have been extremely happy with the F250)

Treat yourself to something diffrent
By Mr. Sax

2016 Nissan Titan XD Crew Cab Platinum Reserve 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I have been a big fan of the big 3 and was actually looking at the GM trucks. 5yr 100000 mile bumper to bumper played a huge roll in luring me to look at the new Titan. So far very happy with my decision.