Used 2017 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Rogue for Sale
Select your model:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

Everything I want in a small SUV!

Michael Mason, 02/23/2017
S w/Prod. End 04/17 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had been researching for 2 months on which small SUV I wanted. I had finally decided on the Nissan Rogue and I have never been happier! The 2 key factors I wanted most was plenty of back seat space and great gas mileage and my 2016 Rogue fits the bill on both! I am a 6' tall and i have plenty of head room and decent leg room and the back seat room is huge and the back seats even recline. Even the base model I drive has an elegant looking interior. It handles great on the road and rides very smooth! The miles per gallon on this SUV is amazing! Probably my most favorite feature is the 'eco button' located left of the steering wheel. This setting allows your vehicle to achieve the best gas mileage possible. I commute 30 miles back and forth to work 5 days a week and and I go 7 days before having to refill my tank. I have no complaints at all with My Rogue and I have not experienced the popping sounds some reviewers complained about coming from the wheels when i make turns. I am at 25,000 miles right now and everything is still smooth as silk. I am very satisfied with my Rogue!

I'm writing this to help you make up your mind!

R. Phillips, 02/06/2017
SV w/Prod. End 04/17 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

If you're like me, and you are in the market for a midsize SUV, you're doing your research and reading all the reviews from reputable sites. Before I bought my 2017 Rogue SV AWD, I was driving a 2012 GMC Terrain (just so you understand where I'm coming from). The Terrain was a solid but unspectacular vehicle, and I really did not want to venture too far from that size of a vehicle. It gave me just enough trunk space for my German Shepherd, and enough back seat space for kids and adults alike, even those who are vertically gifted. I read a lot about the Rogue not having much power or pickup, and how the steering is sluggish. I also came across reviews where people said the sight lines are poor or they had trouble seeing. I've come to believe that these people were trolls from another car company! I've had my Rogue for two weeks now and I'm extremely impressed. It has all the space I need, it has fantastic torque off the line - so I can pass people when I need to - and I have not had any issues with vision or seeing out of the vehicle. The interior is luxurious, and it almost feels like you're sitting in a Lexus. I bought an SV AWD with the premium sound package and moon roof package. Honestly, I could probably do without both of them, but they're nice to have. The vehicle itself is fantastic and I want to encourage everyone to at least test drive one! I think you'll be as impressed as I was. And I hope my review helps, there weren't many about the 17 Rogues so I want to make sure I get the good word out!

Most comfortable in its class

Tyler N, 02/12/2017
SV w/Prod. End 04/17 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Moving from a FWD Ford Focus 2012 to a 2017 AWD Rogue was a great decision! I tried the MX5, Escape, CRV and RAV4. The Rogue was by far the most comfortable and quiet. If you're someone that isn't concerned about 0 to 60 in 4 seconds and is looking for a vehicle that is fun to drive, comfortable, roomy and loaded with tech...this is your pick! The Rogue has the best tech features. the 7 inch display is nice at the SV level. Be sure to go with the Premium package and you get the best bang for your buck. You don't get the adjusting cruise control and lane assist (that's only on the SL) but you do get Blind Side Warning and full navigation. I'm almost 2 months into driving this and I'm still excited every time I get in. It handles excellent in the snow and the ambient sound in the cabin is almost non existent. I usually drive this in ECO mode and have been getting about 27 MPG which is lower than advertised but I feel as though that is always the case. I've been getting about 30 on the highway. I bought the 6 year 100K warranty and should be in good shape, though I'm not anticipating anything going wrong. I will continue to update!

Happy with my purchase

majape, 12/05/2016
SL w/Prod. End 04/17 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove the HR-V, Rav4, Forester, Tuscon, and CX-5 before choosing the Nissan Rogue. I purchased the SL w/ Platinum Package. The deciding factor was the intelligent cruise control feature with 0mpg stop & go. This feature is a life changer in big city stop & go traffic. Of the vehicles I test-drove, the forester was the only other vehicle with this feature. The Rav4, and CX-5 had a version of it, but it disabled below 20mph, and the Tuscon & HR-V didn't offer it at all. Overall I am very happy with the quality of my Rogue. The interior seems high-end and comfortable, way more so than the Forester. Nissan needs to look closer at the Owners Manual because the "how to" on the Lane Departure Warning, Lane Departure Prevention, and the Blind-Spot monitoring System doesn't match up with how it actually works in the car, which has caused me some frustrations. Memory seats, heated steering wheel, Siri-Hands-free are some of my favorite features, as well as the remote control start. The navigation system is ok, not terrible, but like most car navigation systems, it's not great with traffic and requires a few too many "clicks" to get what you need. I traded to the Rogue from an Acura RDX, and so far the Rogue seems on par with the quality I was used to.. The only downside is it's a bit more sluggish than I'd like.

2017 Caspian Blue SL

StevenAC, 03/01/2018
SL w/Prod. End 04/17 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I absolutely love my Rogue. When I was car shopping late last year , I had read several reviews on the Rogue as well as several of the competitors in this class. I then set out to test drive my choices. They were the Honda CR-V , Toyota RAV4 , Subaru Forrester , and the Nissan Rogue.Most American made competitors didn’t make the cut mostly due to high cost and sub par reliability history. The Only consideration was the Ford Escape , but the comparable cost was not competitive. It’s way overpriced. In my test drives , I was least hopeful and most pleasantly surprised by the Rogue. I had read so many poor reviews based on the Rogues performance , acceleration and the cvt. The one I had the highest hopes for was the Crv. I drove it first. Didn’t care for the looks too much , wierd horizontal protruding taillights (vertical pillars are a crv classic, why change that?) as for the Subaru and the Toyota , I was really unimpressed. They were plain , bland and even felt kind of cheaply made. The brand new rav4 I drove even creaked like a 10 year old car does idk if I just got a bad one , but it sounded as if the interior was coming apart anytime I hit a bump on the road. No bueno. Finally after a week of test drives , I made my way to the Nissan dealer and stepped into a beautiful caspian blue Rogue SL and fell in love...This is a beautiful vehicle. The interior in very high end , soft touch durable surfaces that don’t look,sound or feel cheap at all. My niece owns a Lexus is250 (beautiful car) and my Rogues interior rivals or bests it. I have had people walk away stunned after riding in it with me . Comparing it to BMWs and a Benz in one case. Not only does it look great and is it beautifully aggressively designed, but it runs like a dream. Super comfortable and loaded with safety and technology . As for its acceleration , ok it could be a little stronger but the amazing gas mileage I am getting more than supercedes this minor issue. I have had no issues at all passing slugs in traffic or merging quickly onto a busy highway. I feel some gear heads think all vehicles have to perform like a Ferrari. For the person buying a family runaround vehicle for weekend road trips and grocery runs , the performance is perfect. As for the cvt , if you want a traditional transmission , then do your homework, there are plenty of options out there for you. I love the cvt. It performs better than most and this particular one works great for Nissan. Even somewhat mimics a traditional transmission for those that aren’t open to NEW technology, (crazy). Know what you are buying people!...All that said, I couldn’t be any happier. I LOVE my Rogue. Don’t be fooled by “professional” reviews. Drive it yourself be your own professional. I relate more to Consumer reviews as we are the ones driving and living with these vehicles on a daily basis. “PROs” step into a vehicle once for maybe 30 mins and seem to have ALL the( sometimes very Honda/Toyota biased ) answers. Trust me people there are better options out there. The Nissan Rogue...

12345...19