Used 2013 Nissan Quest Minivan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

BEWARE AC Compressor and Transmission POOR
By Erica Campos

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have always only praised my Quest, the space and comfort have always been a strong selling point for me. I had no maintenance concerns until now at 90,000 miles, the AC compressor went out ($1,200 repair) and now a valve in my transmission went out, which I reluctantly had repaired. I was warned by my mechanic that replacing the valve may or may not "fix" the issue. Unfortunately, even after the valve replacement, it is clear this transmission is faulty. After only 5 years, this being the first vehicle I purchase brand new, I am not happy.

Great if you aren't into cold air or reliability.
By Robert Adams

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased a Nissan Quest brand new. We really liked the vehicle until the AC compressor quit working at 70,000 miles. This is technically out of warranty, but far to early to be expecting an $1000 repair. I contacted Nissan One, and asked if they would be willing to stand behind their product due to the fact that it still had relatively low miles. They said they first needed to have a Nissan garage look at the problem before they could say. The local garage already had diagnosed the problem, but Nissan wanted to charge me $100 to do so. After spending a long morning waiting at the dealership, I sent Nissan the information, and they declined to help cover the $1000 bill for the repairs, offering no apparent reason. Perhaps it is unfair to fault them, it wasn't under warranty, but if I had it to do over again, I'd look for a company willing to stand behind their product a little better, and that won't cost you a bundle before you ever hit the 100,000 mark.

LOVE it!! Great van.........
By Arthur Green

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The van is outstanding in the interior design, comfort, and features. LOVE the storage well in the rear floor of the van. I need an electric cart, which fits in the well perfectly. Great easy in getting in and out. Comfortable seats. Great vision with all the big windows all the way around the van. The only thing negative is the lower than expected gas mileage.

At about 14,000 miles the tires were in need of replacement. The dealer paid for 2 tires and I paid for 2. There was a definite defect in the tires, as they wore down way too quickly.

At 30,000 miles, I still love the van. Just disappointed that apparently Nissan has discontinued the Quest. Thus far, no problems with the van. All I have done is have the oil changed every 3,000 miles.

At 36,000 miles, I still love the van, but it is begining to show some wear and tear, which I did not expect at such low milage, even though it is now approach being 5 years old. The rubber trim/seal around the name plate on the entry on the floor, is coming lose. There is now a small rip/tear on the arm rest in the center console area. Other than those couple of things, still very pleased with the van.

IF Nissan had continued making the Quest, I would be trading this one in. However, I am just hanging on to this one, as there is nothing on the market today, that is affordable, that offers the same features, for the price. I looked at and seriously considered a Ford Explorer, and Ford Flex, as well as the Toyota van, but they are all too damn expensive.

7/31/2018, with just over 40,000 miles, I still love this van!! Not a serious problem with it now in 5 years of driving. Only thing I am disappointed in, other than the few minor interior issues I mentioned earlier, is the gas mileage. Wish I got closer to the estimated EPA mileage. Oh well, not too much to complain about.

At the moment, the baby is in the body shop to repair a bit of side swipe damage to the passenger side rear panel. Some gentleman decided that merging on to the bridge really didn't mean "Yield" in spite of the signs. I managed to almost get by him........ Driving a loaner, a 2018 Chevy Equinox, which is a BIG let down. Too much road noise. To hard to get in and out of, have to go in head first and then drag my legs in.

Twin problems with sliding doors
By Angel Watts

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have two sets of twins. The younger set was 3 months old when we purchased this van, and the older set was 2 years old. All 4 were depended on help with getting in their car seats. The car seat situation was an unnecessary challenge due to the sliding door that does not go all the way back. This makes it a challenge to get in the back seat period no matter what your age. Add that you require help to snap the car seat buckles and JUST WOW. The only way for us to do it was to put the baby car seat in the front seat of the van. Lower the middle seat flat, and sit inside to buckle both children. The other middle seat could house a base. The dedicated helper seat to get in the back could not house a base. There was not enough room to put one of the car seats as a middle seat in the back (rear facing) for three car seats across the back. We had three Radian carseats. We had someone trained in car seat safety to try that arrangement. That would allow us to have the one middle car seat down all the time and would have been less of an issue. Just imagine a mom with their 4 young kids trying to get into the van after grocery shopping. Imagine the safety concerns and that speed is her and her kids friend for getting out of the carts and into a van. It would be so much easier if the door went past the back middle seat to allow access to the third row. As it is, we could have purchased a suburban and had just as much door opening. We should have had all 4 kids with us while buying the van to put all 4 seats in and get the kids in/out of the van. We did not do that, so we did not notice the door did not open all the way.

The front sunroof slides half way back and stops. The rear sunroof slides all the way back. Not a deal breaker, but it is an annoying feature. The toddlers broke the plastic part that protrudes to keep the middle seat belt in place and from dangling. They only weighed 30 pounds, and it broke that easy. I expect more from a $40,000 loaded vehicle.

The remote control does not work from the front seats. So to control the kids DVD player, we have to pull over and put the car in park to use the front panel. This issue will resolve itself when the kids are old enough to learn to use the remote. But for the next few years, it is an issue.

From a mom's standpoint, Nissan got the cup holders right. I don't know how I lived without the warning visual and beeps when someone is in a blind spot, visual on back up and forward cameras are spot on. I love that the back door hatch does not raise so high that if I forget to put it down, I don't damage it along with our garage. Love the ac controls in the back

Wish list: Larger rear view mirror that sits higher up on window, back window open, removeable back seats, door open for full access of opening to the back seat, better mic for using hands free talking on phone, RF remote for DVD player, button on control panel dedicated just for DVD player, the button on the garage door opener to either stick out a littler farther than the other buttons/have it backlit/different texture, easier control of back cabin lights (toddlers turn them on and I don't notice until we are down the road), stronger fan for foot level heat, storage bin on the dash of driver door side of van, built in air pump, snap covers to go over the middle seat back side because currently the kids feet are on the rug type material that covers the back; maybe even add a few other snaps to add pockets for toy storage.

Update 2/16/17: We have had a lot of electrical issues with the electronics on the doors and the electronics on stering wheel stopped working. There is minor rippling in the ceiling material.

Better vans out there
By 1stTimedad

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just didn't want to but another Honda so we got a good deal with Nissan. Just don't like it. Just don't like the transmission. I need to jump in traffic frequently here in Miami and this hops off the line Indy jerky style but when you're moving it just doesn't kick in like a regular transmission does. And all this for better gas mileage? Not impressed. Averaging 15.9 according to the computer. Luckily this is a lease so I will return and go get an suv

***updated after returning lease***
Edmonds asked me to update so here it is.

We returned this lease and bought a Honda Odyssey. My wife loved the automatic opening back doors so we stuck with the minivan idea.

In doing research I found out that the 2013 Nissan Quest failed a new Chrash test miserably. The new front offset crash. The odyssey did not. We've had the Honda for 5-6 months now and have loved it and are really happy with it. It is a tremendous car. Especially for the family. The quest doesn't even compare with the odyssey.