Used 2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Maxima for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

Fun car, HORRIBLE turn ratio!

Sarry, 09/28/2010
3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have always driven Honda's. Decided to turn in my Honda Civic for a 2008 Nissan Maxima. Totally FUN to drive! Blow by people while barely pushing in the accelerator! Overall a really nice car. Gas mileage not great but its a souped up V6 sports car, I expected that. The one MAJOR complaint I have is the turn ratio! I have to practically make a three-point turn to get into a parking space. Trading it in because of those two things. Can't stand it anymore. I can barely get through a coffee drive through! Put good tires on it and it's actually pretty good in the snow for a CAR. Traction control.

Excellent car, excellent value!

bobafett14, 09/04/2012
3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Only negative is the turning radius. 3 point turns and squeezing around tight spots (i.e. parking lots) can be tricky at times. Othewise, this is a great car at a great price. Holds up well, repairs are minimal. I went with a Nissan Maxima after years ago vowing never to buy chevy after seeing a fleet of salesman (company) cars (1/2 the sales force picked Chevy Mailbu 1/2 picked the Altima, 6 Malibus and 6 Altimas go head to head over a 3 year run). Basically the Malibu's ALL started shaking, rattling, needed "front end" work..ballbearings needed repaired, brakes/rotors...you name it...all went after about 24K to 26K..the Altimas didn't need any repairs until into thier 30K's.

Great Car

lwash1212, 10/19/2011
3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a 08 Maxima about 4 months ago. Driving this car is a blast it has plenty of power and the lack of road noise is incredible. After reading reviews on how horrible this car is on hitting bumps in the road. I came to the conclusion that as long as your not hitting bumps at excessive speeds just like any car its perfect. The design of the exterior is real classy with a sports car feel. The interior is comfortable and there is a few pieces that I think could be made alot better but that comes along with any car. I love the car and the only complaint from me is the turning radius but if you've ever owned a sports car they all are.

Nissan rules

bambam1962, 02/15/2010
3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I/we own a 1997 maxima, with 197900 mileage, never been in the shop.. replaced only the alternator and a heater sensor behind the glove box which was simple.. OK as of this one the 2008 just purchased 12/18/09 so far so good.

Excellent Highway Performance

R. Gray, 08/07/2016
3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Smooth, powerful highway performance, but terrible in confined areas. The vehicle has the turning radius of an aircraft carrier. For congested parking lots and tight narrow spaces this is the worst vehicle I have every driven--including but not limited to a pickup truck-- and should be avoided. If you drive in the wide open spaces of the highway system, this vehicle will deliver power, comfort, and very good mileage. Mechanically, this vehicle has required only routine maintenance for 8+ years of ownership. For 9 years of ownership, this vehicle was relatively problem free. However, it started to eat fuses on the circuit that serves the sunroof and interior overhead lights--No one can determine the cause of the overload. After 9.5 years of ownership, I traded the vehicle. The electrical problems continued and became very unnerving.

12345...13