Used 2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Never buy this Nissan Altima!
By Bis

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My car transmission broke down at 65K miles. I was told that I need to get a new transmission and pay 48000 dollars. And no body want to work on Nissan transmission except the dealership because it is CVT. And Nissan dealership are the worst, they will make you pay triple than the actually price! What a waste of 17,000 when I decided to my this crap car. Never buy Nissan!

great car, great milage, poor transmission
By earl morris

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm 67 years old and I like this car better than any I have owned except the transmission failed and was replaced under warranty. This makes it scary going forward that it will fail again when I have to pay. I bought the car new and it now has 65,000 miles on it. It's a scary love relationship, I love the car but the transmission scares me..

transmission,heat
By bill shattuck

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

i don,t care for the transmission, it vibrates,some times have to push gas almost to floor to get power. rear brakes wear out to quick,i like the car but don,t know if i would buy another one

CVT transmission FAILURE
By Joseph Wills

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The transmission won't last if you want to speed 4500$ for a new CVT transmission then waste your money and buy this car. I do all highway little shifting over it's life and the transmission failed. This the 1st and last Nissan I'll ever buy. Nissan has a bad history of this and it's catching up to them. Don't waste your money they won't help or care.

CVT transmission FAILURE
By J W

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car new and did all of the required maintenance at the dealership. The CVT transmission failed already. The internet is full of theses posts. Jeeze my 1994 Saturn beat out a 2014 Nissan Altima. Nissan should be ashamed of themselves. The Saturn has over 300k with no major repairs and the Altimas transmission is gone already. I've had other high milage cars and have never lost a car. I always have been able to resell when I was done with them. PLEASE don't buy Nissan their CVT transmissions are no good. It seems Honda and Toyota have a good bead on the CVT's but not Nissan. It's $4000.00 to fix this