Used 2003 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 433 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Best car I've owned
By Deborah Aucoin

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was a great car. I've had it 10 years. It's has excellent pick up and has a very powerful engine. This car has driven like it is brand new up until just about a year ago.

A good car with some kinks
By Glenn J. darro

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 03, 2.5 Altima with 38,000 miles on it. I now have driven it another 75,000 miles ( odometer reads113,000 miles). In that time my car has never failed. however, there were repairs. following is a list of those repairs:
2 motor mounts at about 60K
Coil at about 75K
Crankshaft position sensor at about 60K
Radiator replacement at about 60K
Fuel pump at about 90K
Pre-catalytic converter at 110K
I love the way this car handles. The engine is peppy for a 4cyl. but sometimes I wish it was faster off the line. It is definitely a driver's car, though. It handles winding roads like a sports car, and the braking is excellent The ride is not cushy, but that's ok. The seating is quite comfortable.

Never buy Nissan
By Dillon

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2003 Nissan Altima with 165,000 miles on it about 4 months ago. In those 4 months I had to replace; camshaft position sensor, radio, 2 door handles, and alternator. Before the timing chain skipped a few teeth at 169,000 miles. It's just a money pit I'm getting rid of it. Anybody need a parts car?

NEVER buy a NISSAN!!
By Jo

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Worst, most expensive car to maintain I have ever owned. If the gas pedal sticks and then doesn't randomly, I'm afraid to drive this car. We have replaced so many parts I could not possibly list them all here. The dealer is NO help, they diagnose, take your cash and you're back in 2 weeks. This model should have been recalled!!! Car has been maintained since we got it with 32000. Looks nice, under the hood it is a real nightmare. Only foreign car we own, will NEVER get another Nissan. They should care about their customers before their cars kill us!!

Pain [non-permissible content removed]
By BreAnna

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car for $7,000 126,000.. First 2 months about 120,000 miles, the timing chain went out and was about a $3000 fix. Now at 175,000 miles I've replaced the alternator 2 times. The engine covers most of the hood and fixing it is a pain in the ass, every time I bring it in its over $300 in labor just to get the engine out of the way. My winshild wipers go off randomly. And my radio stopped working and mechanics can't find out why. Time to go American made.