2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS VEHICLE
By Eden Carroll

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Do not purchase unless you are looking to pay too much for cheap cheap quality! Where do I even begin...paint, door handles, seat material, windows and door and window seals all CHEAP. My dash stated making a noise as if something came loose in there two months after i purchased it. The vibration when tbe a/c is turned on is as bad as an old clunker fixing to die out on ou. I am the sole driver, not by any means hard on my vehicles (they are like my babies), and after 6 months i was ready to get rid of this one. I puchased it brand new with the stickers still on it. I am going on a year now of ownership and i can't wait to trade it in. However, the trade in value is the worst and for now i am stuck with it. Had i known what i was paying for ($27,388).....Don't say you weren't warned.

Love my Outlander
By New Mitsubishi

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I been a honda lover for years and had owend a eclipse spider convertable and loved it..On my research for an Suv i narrow it to my new 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander SE awd with sunroof and some more extra and it was exactly the size and price i wanted not small like the crv but not as big like the pilot . I have it since Oct 2017 and till today i love it . Very happy with everthing and gas is great for an suv... Definitely will recommend to give Mitsubishi a chance...

So far a very good buy
By John

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Smooth and quite ride. Gas mileage has be very good at this point. No complaints at this time. Bought as new and have owned it for four months and have 6000miles on it now.

“Expert” reviews miss the point
By JD

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Until a week ago I had never driven a Mistsubishi, let alone own one. After owning the 2017 Outlander SEL for a week, I think I’m a customer for life. Seriously, ignore the so called expert reviews. They point to things like acceleration and inadequacy of the engine and fuel economy. What they don’t realize is that most people aren’t using this car to drag race with. For the normal everyday family, this car can’t be beat. It’s whisper quiet, gets amazing fuel economy, and drives smoother than any car or suv I have ever owned. I don’t even know what side of the car the gas tank is on because I haven’t had to fill it up yet. It’s easily the best bang for your buck. It feels much more expensive than it is. It has awesome features like awd, Apple CarPlay, heated seats, etc. It’s also very nimble and fun to drive. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Had em all
By Michael Lacy

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had CRV EX-L , Legacy sedan, Toyota 4-runner Limited, and now the 2017 Outlander GT. Pound for pound it wins hands down.. Great ride, smooth engine, 24-31 mpg depending on the type of driving. Do not listen to those asinine reviews stating how it doesn't stop like a M-5 Bimmer, handles softer than Corvette etc. They are correct because it is just a very nice, smooth, nice handling and quiet underrated SUV. My wife has a Lexus GS-350 AWD and believe me she loves driving this Outlander. Couldn't get her in the 4-runner only under duress. The only thing I don't like is the power lift gate. I've on 20K on it and still can't get used to it. Acts like it has a mind of it's own. As soon as the warranty is gone I most likely get another GT. It is well worth it. Remember it's built in Japan so the quality is there!