Used 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A) Consumer Reviews

Select your model:

Tommy's Red Rider Outlander GT

Tom Colosimo, 02/10/2016
GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

UPDATE: Now at 80K miles. All going well. Red Rider is still purring along MPG averaging around 22.5 MPG highway and city. Using 88/87 and 91 octane gas - all seems the same. One thing noticed and brought in for checking out; outside push-button lock/unlock button on drivers door continues to be unresponsive at times during hot weather and cold weather. Took into dealer a couple of times and, of course, it was 'normal'. At least it is noted in my file for future issues. I have extended warranty on vehicle until 160K miles. Otherwise, no issues. UPDATE: Now at 63K miles. All going well. Just changed transmission and differential fluids as well as an oil change. Very important since I do towing of my sailboat ongoing during the summer. The V6 does very well with this work. Getting around 22 MPG during the summer on average using 88 Octane gas. Still agree with my purchasing of it 4 years ago as being a good value for the money spent! UPDATE: Now at 53.8K miles. Getting a good taste of its capabilities in deep snow here in the Twin Cities. Put in LOCK (VS SNOW for whatever reason) and it goes just about anywhere you need to go without any difficulties! A real machine that seems to like to battle snows! Otherwise, MPG slips a bit in the winter like with all vehicles. Getting about 19 MPG around town now vs around 21 or so in the summer. Still, view this as a great value for what you get in the V6 level vehicle and for maneuvring around in the snows. UPDATE: Now at 46.6K miles. Still enjoying this vehicle. Tows my 24-foot sailboat very well up and down a steep ramp. All features continue to work well as expected. A bit disappointed with the Blue Tooth hookup for 'voice commands'. Can't seem to recognize my voice to engage it but am able to work around that. Wish it had more of the updated safety features such as 'blind spot' and circumference warning when backing up for side approaching cars. Otherwise, the safety features works well. Mileage is about 22 to 23 around the city on REGULAR gas! UPDATE - approaching 40K miles on my red Outlander and still loving it! MPG's are still the same for combo city/hiway of around 22 MPG. I have continued to test using Premium gas and Regular and no difference in MPG's or performance that I can tell and I'm pretty anal about my car! Only thing is that I wish I had some of the features that were added to the 2017 Outlander like; heated steering wheel, blind spot monitoring and backup/cross traffic alert! Otherwise I love the safety features I have especially the interactive cruise control. Very good feature that I did not think about when I bought this car!! Love the sound system and riding comfort. Still can't understand the terrible reviews on CR and other bases. Owners seem to LOVE their Mitsubishi's!! Don't believe everything you read! The Mitsubishi Outlander is NOT a piece of crap! I've got 25K miles on mine and love it! I burn regular unleaded and get an avg. of 23 MPG's! I've tried a couple tanks of premium and get the same MPG's and performance! The vehicle is solid in snow traction, acceleration, quietness, steering, etc. I love the LED headlights and tail lights - you don't get that on a 2016 XLE Rav4! I did test drive a LOT of 2015 CUV's before I bought this model. I recently drove a 2016 Rav4 and did not like the bumpy ride, noisy interior, poor acceleration and LACK OF TOWING! AND the price for a 4 cylinder vs. my V6 was ALMOST the same with the same options I have!! I think Mitsubishi messed up there marketing and some of their models over the past 10 years or so but this car is NOT bad! I had a Mazda for 12 years before this and there is no comparison to that vehicle with the smooth shifting 6 speed the Outlander has and power over that Mazda that had a 200 HP V6. So.....try it out before you buy something else!

Great Improvements from the previous year model!

Priji Eapen, 09/14/2015
GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a 7 seater Outlander 2014 before. When I did a test drive of the 2016 model, I was quite surprised to see the improvements that Mistubishi made in the 2016 model. I've noticed a considerable reduction in outside noise and vibration. They’ve made significant improvements to the performance of the vehicle as well. 2014 Outlander lacked the responsiveness you’d expect when you press the gas pedal. Mitsubishi addressed this issue and new model is much more responsive compared to the previous year models. Ride comfort is also better. Although not significant, improvements to the interior and the steering wheel are also adding to the overall improved appearance of the interior. 2016 Outlander is fun to drive. Although the the third row seats are not ideal for adults, it serves its purpose when we have to occasionally transport 7 people in a single car. I’d say there is room for more improvements. However, this is definitely a step in the right direction for Mitsubishi. Hope they keep improving the Outlander to make it even better. I feel that the SE model offers a great value for the price you pay for the vehicle.

Great vehicle! Best value and features!

Gary Bell, 02/19/2016
GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car deserves at least a high B in ratings! I bought mine back in July when they were first delivered to the public. Mercury Grey. It is packed with features that other suvs can't touch at this price......$32,545....I own a video production business and it is roomy enough for my equipment and crew. The wife loves it for the style and handling The paddle shifters are fun and it has plenty of pick up. The Leather and other equipment makes this a real joy to own...Drive one and you will buy one....

In a segment by itself

Najib Wong, 07/12/2016
GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Updated review - Jan 2018 Outlander is still awesome. We had a snow storm and even with all season tires, the snow mode gave me a lot of confidence. Other than oil changes, the car had been solid. Mpg is lower than advertised. The only thing I wished it has is heated steering wheel. Original review What you should know is that the outlander is in a segment that has almost zero competition in North America. It is the 3 row compact class. It's just there outlander and the rogue. And the rogues dont come with a V6. Reviewers compare the outlander to 2 row CUVs or 3 row mid size SUVs. Regardless, no other car epitomizes value like the outlander. V6, power lift gate, sunroof, rain sensing wipers, wiper de-icers, 18" wheels, fosgate sound, s-awc, power folding side mirrors, leather etc. All at a lower price point. I can't speak about reliability as I just bought the car but the handling and comfort is definitely at least a B+. It's not a sports car. It's a family vehicle. My kids love the car. We find a excuse to drive as a family.

Great value & features

Casey, 10/16/2016
GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I'm in my 13th year in the car business and I don't work for a Mitsubishi dealer. This is the best SUV in the class. The engine and transmission are time tested and solid. Yes it's still timing belt driven but this engine is going to last!! The ride quality is smooth and quite. The upgraded Rockford Fosgate sound system is fantastic, spend some time playing with all the different sound options and find the one that sounds best with your music. Plus you get one of the best warrantys out there. Update: 2 years and 34,000 miles later and still no issues. Almost 4 years and 56,000 miles this vehicle is proving to be one of the best purchases I have ever made. I still have not had any issues at all. It still rides smooth and quiet, I did put new tires on it a couple months ago. I just purchased a 17’ center console fishing boat. It weighs about 2000 lbs and it pulls in very nice.