Used 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Outlander Sport for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Underappreciated little SUV

GopinkGo, 03/05/2017
2.4 GT 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Mitsubishis are vastly underappreciated. They are usually LOADED with features, and they are animals in the snow. I drove a 2004 Galant until it just gave out, and we bought this Outlander Sport. I adore this car. There are really amazing features, like heated seats, that are available in trims below the GT. The panoramic roof is bada**, and it rides and handles curves amazingly. Plus with rain sensing wipers, the FAST key system, it has everything and more. Bonus, because they're so unappreciated, they're also underpriced. **UPDATE** I have been driving this car for close to 7 months now. I still love this little SUV. My husband and I have hauled a ton of stuff, and the 60/40 seat split is super helpful. All in all, a wonderful car!

Glad I purchased it

KG, 08/23/2017
2.0 ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport brand new for 16,990.00 . I researched the hell out of it but never test drive one. Edmunds gave it poor reviews but I noticed owners have it great reviews. I test drive toyota rav4 and the new chr and then the outlander sport. I felt the outlander was way better than the toyota and the price was even better. It accelerates just fine for the small engine and the transmission seems great too. Ya it's not a Mercedes or BMW but that was not the prissy kind of vehicle I wanted. I wanted a vehicle to drive. I am not a snow flake and know how to use mirrors to back up. I have a smart phone for navigation and those items were judt an added expense on other vehicles. Bottom line us I am honestly impressed with the handling acceleration and the look . I could afford a BMW or Mercedes but am comfortable in who I am that I don't need a sub like that, the outlander is perfect for me and how I use it. 02/25/18. Still glad I bought this ride. The drive feature let's me choose front wheel drive, all wheel, or 4 wheel drive perfect for MN Winters. I was surprised on the stock tires it came with but do think an upgrade will be better. Put another 4 k miles on. Really line this vehicle. 02-25-19 Update review on my Outlander port, so I have basically had my Outlander for a year and half, I still only have 11,000 on it (have a work vehicle so I don't drive much). I still like it and am glad I purchased it. Planning on a long road trip from MN to Colorado Springs soon and have no concerns, couple of back backs, camping gear and a dog will be no problem. I have hauled some loads in the back over 400 lbs- no problems

Better than expected

Richard, 06/18/2017
2.0 ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES had gotten some poor reviews from professionals. Had I read those poor reviews beforehand I wouldn't have bought this vehicle, but so far I'm glad I did. I've had it 2 weeks, but I'm impressed with it. Steering is much better and tighter than reviewers claimed. Quick turn radius. Front seats could use some more support for us with longer legs. The very tall headrests are unnecessary and blocks view looking back but i guess are more for neck protection in an accident. It is a small engine, but since i don't haul any cargo or any other people around often it is fine for me. My daily commute is either 40 mph speed limit or 55 mph on the expressway, so who needs more power than that? not me. The ride at those speeds is good and smooth. Braking is quite good and responsive, as I've found out already. The CVT does take a little bit of time to get used to, as it's much different than my old Oldsmobile transmission, but nothing here to complain about. I LOVE the standard 18" tires on good looking alloy wheels. No cheap plastic rim covers. The stereo interface is a rather plain and lame looking (but perfectly functional), but the USB port and bluetooth works great for my MP3 player. Standard armrest is cool (wish it was a bit larger). Comes with 4 floor mats, which some SUVs charge extra for. The big plus for me is the super warranty. 10 years on powertrain, 5 years roadside assistance, and 7 YEARS FOR RUST!!! Rust warranty is important for me since I live in Chicago and don't have any indoor parking. My previous car completely rusted out at the bottom. So don't let the negative reviews bother you. They should review a vehicle for what it is, not for what it isn't. So far I think I made a good decision to buy this vehicle. But as always, time will tell. I paid $18,563 after taxes, title, fees and rebates applied.

3000 lb piece of crap!

Jim D., 03/30/2018
2.0 LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

At first, I loved this car, but after 1 year, I was done! In that year, I've had the a/c compressor and condenser replaced, driver's seat replaced, headlight assy replaced, coils replaced, it would never shift, so I had to drive it in manual mode most of the time, it had ZERO pickup, so much so that I had to mash the accelerator to merge into traffic, then the torque steer would nearly pull you off the road. The dealer would always say "it's normal", until the parts finally failed altogether. Near the end, they replaced the transmission, which helped for about a week, then back to poor performance again. Two weeks after the transmission was replaced, all the dash lights came on, engine overheated! Pulled over and popped the hood, no coolant....ANYWHERE! Not a drop in the radiator, coolant tank, no spray in the engine compartment...none. dealer picked up the car, and after 3 days said I had a hole in the radiator, complete BS! I've worked with cars as a job for over 25 years, that was the first thing I checked. Called mitsubishi for help, THEY BLAMED ME FOR TAKING THE CAR TO THEIR DEALERSHIP!! They refused to anything but replace the radiator. I drove to the dealership and handed them the keys, told them it was their car and their problem and walked out. Worst car I've ever owned, and worst dealership I've ever dealt with. Avoid mitsubishi at all costs, the company refuses to stand behind their product, and will blame YOU for their incompetence.

Base with a manual transmission is the way to go!

Slater Alden, 04/25/2017
2.0 ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought a brand new 2017 Outlander Sport and I must say that it is truly extraordinary when you consider the price of it. Although it is a relatively small car, it being a compact crossover, it feels incredibly solid and planted while driving. The steering feels great, I honestly thought it was a hydraulic because it's so communicative but no, it's just a really well done electric one. And the steering wheel itself ups the entire value of the car, it feels much nicer than others at this price. Seriously, I get more feeling from this Outlander Sport than new Mercedes and BMWs. Also the manual transmission is the way to go. If you don't know how to drive a manual then learn. It's worth it. The clutch throw is short and it engages near the bottom, where you would expect it to. The shifter is a little long but considering it's an SUV it shouldn't be short and notchy like a sports car. Pretty much the manual ups the useable power of this car because it's always right were you want it instead of having to wait for the CVT. I got everything bone stock and am very happy at all of the options is has. One of the things this car gets dinged for by 'expert reviewers' is that it doesn't hold up to all of the little tech features like push button start. Sorry but I just don't really care about things like that. It has a key fab so... yea, I'm good. All in all, do some research in a 200 mile radius from where you live and find a great deal. Drove 5 hours away to a different state but got 5k off sticker price. Very worth it.