2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander Sport model:

SOLD!
By temnikworking@gmail.com

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2.0 ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

After 15000 miles: engine is weak, cheap paint, weak brakes, very basic and cheap looking interior and no options in ES model. It was like traveling in Time to drive 80-th cars. The most annoying thing was a keyless/remote. Why do I need to press twice to open all doors?! Why there is no signal to tell me that I just locked the doors? Why do I need to press twice "lock" to make sure that the car is locked?! Stereo was a joke. HUGE mirrors what you can't make look away because it is not going to move all the way! No under engine cover like in every other car. Engine gets dusty. Engine is only 4 cyl and it should do better than 25 mpg! I had my own reasons to buy this car and it would be a good car for 200K miles but this car depreciates super fast and it has no class. I've noticed that majority of drivers are sr. citizens and I made a decision to sell it. Dear God, thank you... I sold my 2017 Mitsubishi and for many other things too, thank you!

Don't listen to the "experts"!
By Jim D.

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2.0 LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned several Subaru vehicles, until they got too expensive. I then moved to Kia, which was ok as well. I wanted something different this time around, so I started looking at small SUV'S. I wanted something that wasn't outrageously priced, with a good warranty, that was also reliable. I looked at Honda, Kia, and Hyundai...all great cars, but more money than I wanted to spend. So I looked at the Outlander Sport. It looks great, and from my test drive, it seemed more than capable, the engine ran great, the CVT transmission was a bit odd, but did the job, and the stated MPG wasn't all that bad either. I'm not a professional reviewer, nor am I an auto snob, I just wanted something decent that wasn't going to cost me a fortune. So I pulled the trigger, and bought my 2018 Outlander sport Limited Edition. I paid less than $20k, and got more than enough options to make me happy. I've owned it now for a week, and so far, I'm VERY happy with my decision. I'm averaging about 35mpg. The transmission is just fine, now that I've adjusted to it, and it has more than enough power to get on the freeway without worrying if I'm gonna get hit from behind. To me, the front seats are very comfortable, the instrumentation is laid out well, climate control works as it should, and cargo space is more than enough to suit my needs. I don't know about you, but I'm not gonna spend an extra $10k+ because some reviewer, who may have had the car to use for a week or less, tells me to. Pick a car, ANY car... look at the "professional" review, then look at the OWNER reviews... they rarely come close to being the same. Mitsubishi has one of the best warranties out there, with a very respectable record for repairs overall. If you're considering a small SUV, then at least LOOK at these. Something is definitely wrong when the "pros" give it a score of 6, but the owners, HUNDREDS of them, give it a 9 or better! I got a very well equipped, comfortable, decent looking car for thousands less than anyone else's Base model. All that extra cash is right where it belongs...in MY pocket.

Actuall bought it instead of the Subaru Crosstrek
By John R D

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2.4 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The visibility for the driver is great. I backed out of the Crosstrek because it honestly was useless trying to look out rear window. The 2.4 is plenty peppy. Seems every professional review comments on the power and they mainly describe to 2.0. The technology is usually a reason the professionals down grade this SUV but I really did not want to buy all the expensive tech stuff (but much of it is available). Ride is fine and i did not notice any real difference from the Subaru. The Honda HRC was another option - worse visibility than the Crosstrek. I wanted a small SUV and found this body style way more useful than the fastback styles. With Nissan buying 34% ownership in Misubishi in 2017 (by far the majority owner) I am comfortable for future service. For a bit less than similar equipped rue and honda I got over 8" ground clearance, 168 hp, very acceptable ride, noise etc. My purchase price included total coverage for 10 years or 100,000 miles with a vanishing deductible. Mitsubishi has been a leader in 4 wheel drive systems for years. Value for the dollar, reliability and warranty, a dated but still one of the best looking small suv forms are some of my reasons for buying. In the end I could not be "brand shamed" into not buying this car. We have owned the Imprezza before in our family - good car some flaws but over all reliability is average in most reviews. I'm really glad I looked at this cat. It is our second car our bigger vehicle is a Honda Pilot 2013.

fun
By Ric Williams

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2.0 LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted my wife to get the Outlander but , after she drove both the sport and outlander, she liked the look of the sport better. We drove it for a week and were enjoying it but, after a day trip we took, we fell in love with it. You can not go by the professional reviews. Read the one by owners . the wind , road and engine noise was not bad at all. Has good pick up. Great gas mileage. Using hands free phone and text has great sound. I enjoyed it so much, I went back and bought an Outlander for my self. I will say, Mitsubishi could make the seats a little more comfortable ( they are average). I have day running lights but, not auto( LE or SE package). They need to put auto with day running . They need auto dim on rear view mirror on the LE/ SE models. The price is 2000-3000 less then any other brand. Mitsubishi builds a great car for a great price.

Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2017
By Eddy

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2.0 ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bay a new 2017 Outlander Sport only have 13455 miles and all ready have transmission problems. So far two warnings code transmissions and engine. Returne to the dealer and don’t know what the codes are. No good for a new car.