2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander Sport model:

Great first timer vehical
By John Espinoza

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2.4 SEL 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I personally like my outlander it does everything i need it to do with no problems. As long as you keep up with the maintenance and not treet the car like crap your good!

It was a mistake to buy this car
By Martha

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2.0 ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Engine is weak and gas mileage is only 24 mpg in the city. It's too low for 4-cyl car. Car is cheap to buy this car new or used but your get what you paid for: cheap interior and limited cargo area. Market and drivers: drivers are always men in their mid-fifties. In my opinion, any used SUV (Toyota, Honda, Lexus) is better than this one new. Resale value is very and very low after 2 years.

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 2.4L AWD
By MNBobster

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2.4 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

If you are looking for a luxury vehicle, this is not it. If you are looking for a competent small SUV that seats 4 comfortably and 5 in a pinch, this should be high on your list. I got mine well-equipped for 19.5K with door jamb and rear bumper guards (well worth it). It is super smooth with the CVT transmission. No "shift points", just smooth power delivery. The heated front buckets are great in the Minnesota winter, but don't breath very well in hot, humid weather (black interior doesn't help either). The entertainment center has a so-so touch screen and it occasionally seems to reset itself when you shut off the car and start it later. The USB port is in the center console, and I wish it was in the dash. However, the sound is quite good from this system. Whoever did the TS interface for this needs to make it work better. The climate controls and heated seat switches are kind of a reach. I see they moved them up in the new SUV they introduced recently. The drivetrain is great, and it is very competent on snow and ice. The brakes are powerful and smooth. The backup camera is offset 6 inches, which makes backing up a little screwy, but it works. The keyless entry is a bit confusing. A lot of the entry alarms are programmable, but the easiest way to lock it and unlock it is by the buttons on the outside door handles and tailgate. It is my second Outlander Sport. My 2016 was totaled by a red light runner who pinballed a Cooper Mini into my grill in a snowstorm. I really like this SUV and would buy one again (I did right after the accident).

True Sleeper
By Justin Time

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2.0 ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2017 Outlander Sport is the first "import" I've ever owned. Probably owned or driven [because of my work] over a hundred different vehicles and this is hands down my favorite. I bought an end-of-the-year base model with the 2.0 and manual 5 speed for $15,000. out the door price. The standard equipment on this car is impressive. Power windows, cruise, stereo with cd player, hands free Bluetooth for phone and that standard Mitsubishi warranty that's second to none. The first new vehicle I ever bought had AM radio as an option to be negotiated…..otherwise, just a blank plug in the dashboard! These cars were assembled in Illinois until late 2015, but moved their operations back to Japan after the U.S plant closed. I had done my research on Mitsubishi before that and thought I was buying an American built car- but, once I took it for a test drive, I knew I was going to buy it regardless. Stable ride, plenty of power with the 5 speed, quiet, nice climate control, great heater, availability of parts should be fine with Nissan being an international partner. They've been making automobiles since 1917 so..... not new to the game. Love driving this car!

SOLD!
By temnikworking@gmail.com

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2.0 ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

After 15000 miles: engine is weak, cheap paint, weak brakes, very basic and cheap looking interior and no options in ES model. It was like traveling in Time to drive 80-th cars. The most annoying thing was a keyless/remote. Why do I need to press twice to open all doors?! Why there is no signal to tell me that I just locked the doors? Why do I need to press twice "lock" to make sure that the car is locked?! Stereo was a joke. HUGE mirrors what you can't make look away because it is not going to move all the way! No under engine cover like in every other car. Engine gets dusty. Engine is only 4 cyl and it should do better than 25 mpg! I had my own reasons to buy this car and it would be a good car for 200K miles but this car depreciates super fast and it has no class. I've noticed that majority of drivers are sr. citizens and I made a decision to sell it. Dear God, thank you... I sold my 2017 Mitsubishi and for many other things too, thank you!