Used 2002 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Mitsubishi 2002 is good for daily commute
By Gordon

2002 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Don't expect it to be superb, but for daily commute to work or grocery it's economical.

Great ride
By Jean

2002 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Research

Extremely reliable
By Nikk nea

2002 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been in my family for 5 years, it was my sisters first car with 148k miles, it never broke down on her, but she ignored routine maintenance, so when i purchased it 2 months ago with 182k miles it needed struts, strut mounts, brakes, fuel pump, camshaft position sensor, battery, and a really good cleaning, this car is really fun to drive. I drive the crap out of it, and it never lets me down, now at 186k miles, im very pleased with the way it rides, and with the way it handles. I will definately buy another mitsubishi, hopefully an Evo.

Late Purchase
By dennysmitzi

2002 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2002 Galant in 2009, with only 31K miles on the ticker. Currently, it has 80,500 and still running quite strong. My biggest complaint is the oil leaks from the valve cover gaskets that have been replaced 3 times, and the wheel alignment issues that cause vibrations in the front end at times. Otherwise, it has been a good performer, and has never left me stranded. I would definitely consider another one, should the powers that be at Mitsubish Motors consider bringing the Galant back to the market. Overall, I am a satisfied customer.

Everything is within reach. Excellent sound system for a factory unit. Good handling and a smooth ride overall.

I wish this car (mine's a 3.0 V-6) could deliver better gas mileage, and on regular fuel, as opposed to the required premium. Also wish the back seats folded completely down, like most other 4 door sedans.

I love /miss my galant
By cedest

2002 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 02
mitsubishi galant back in 2011 and it was by far the best car i've ever owned. We got ours from Vern Eide in Sioux Falls, SD and it had about 130,000 miles on it. The only we've had to replace in the last 3 years was a radiator hose about 6 months after buying and then just in the last 2 months had to replace the cv axle on the passenger side but that may had something to do with the way my husband drove it. Up until the accident i just had in the last week in which there wasn't nearly as much damage as there should've been, the car ran perfectly even during the -50 degree weather we had this last winter. It only
didn't start once! I will miss my car i certainly recommend it

My favorite feature was the fog lights very handy especially in the winter.

The only thing i would improve is how expensive some of the fixes are like the $200+ mirror but it rarely broke down so can't really complane