Used 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

Still going strong
By Jim D.

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 GT convertible used and put 104,000 miles on it. Only repairs have been brakes twice, a new timing belt and water pump (scheduled maintenance), and a starter relay ($6). It is still running strong. These cars do not have a good resale value but I cannot see why. I have had two of them and they are solid little cars.

Great car, love it
By danmcswain

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my eclipse for about a year and a half and have put more than 12000 miles on it since getting it. The car has been fantastic, it's a blast to drive, comfortable enough for long road trips (wouldn't suggest going cross country, but for 3-4 hours it isn't too bad). I've had the clutch master cylinder go out on me, but it wasn't a big deal to replace. Overall, I have to say this car has treated me well, parts aren't hard to find and are relatively cheap, when you actually need them anyway. It's a great, fairly cheap option as a sports car, not quite as fast as other cars, but other features more than make up for it, and it will out-handle more than its fair share. Enjoy it as I have.

Fantastic gearbox, great gas mileage, comfy interior, pretty car, great brakes, fun to drive, not overly expensive

cup holder location is terrible (right in front of the shifter, if you put anything in there, it interferes with shifting). Headlight sockets need replacement (the could catch on fire otherwise). Other than that, enjoy!

I love my little car
By mjstone323

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I wanted something that wasn't falling apart - I had driven beaters my entire life and I just wanted something nice. Bonus for the convertible top! And it's got a pretty comfortable back seat - hard to find that in a convertible. I have only had to make minor repairs in the 5 years I've had it. It's just a wonderful car, so much fun to drive, and I get a lot of compliments. I would recommend it to anyone.

Lovely acceleration, great sound system, sturdy convertible top. The tektronic transmission is very handy on long steep grades.

Watch Your Transmission
By LaLa88126

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my car a little over a year ago with only 38,000 miles on it. Since then, I have had to do regular wear and tear maintenance like replacing the starter, brakes, and so forth. The only major thing is my transmission suddenly went out on me without warning. And also, my top was replaced and now leaks all into the backseat of the car. Other than that huge problem, I love riding around with the top down. The sound is awesome and I just hope I don't have any major issues with it for awhile.

Tires, trunk, comfort.

Better headlights. Restoration needed to early.

Love it
By Rebecca

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have absolutely loved driving this car. I always receive compliments on how sharp this car looks. The only negative is when I have the top up it creates a blind spot.

Everything!