Used 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 400 4MATIC 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A) Consumer Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars
1 reviews
List Price Range

Used E-Class for Sale
Select your model:

Happy Mercedes 2017 E 300 owner

rrbryce, 06/21/2020
E 400 4MATIC 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

My first Mercedes was an SL, then an S class, then an M Class and now an E class. I have always been a happy Mercedes owner and the 2017 Mercedes C300 is as enjoyable as all the other Mercedes I have owned. Exterior style wise, I think if one removed the badges, it would not even earn a second look. Interior style wise, it is awesome. Technology wise, it rates an awesome as well. The car is comfortable to drive, the sound system is top notch, it has great acceleration and great mpg. The black center console is a disappointment. I think it should match the wood trim selected, and the newer models have that. I have the burl walnut trim and it looks to me like the fake wood in a Buick. But it is real (I think). There is a very innovative storage compartment in the trunk which expands and contracts, as necessary At first, the start/stop only worked occasionally, and now it does not work at all. I am sure Mercedes will remedy that upon the next service appointment. Mercedes of Manhattan treats me like royalty every time I go for service. So, I look forward to the service appointments. When I decided to trade in my M class, I was looking for a smaller car and test drove or was given courtesy cars for all the smaller versions and even a few E class courtesy cars. For six continuous weeks, Mercedes of Manhattan gave me different courtesy cars, thus my high opinion of them, but not the only reason. I had to go with the E class for the interior, even though it was larger than I wanted. I do not like the ipad look of the interiors of the smaller Mercedes, the A class didn’t offer burl walnut as a trim option, and I did not like the dash of the S class. The ambient lighting feature does not do anything for me, and I doubt anyone would purchase a car because of the feature, but it comes with. I tried the self-parking feature about a dozen times and each time it worked flawlessly. For me, it is too stressful. I am certain my car is going to hit another car, although it never has. But it is a cool feature. I can park my own car, especially easy with the cameras. The car is loaded with features that take some time to become comfortable with or knowledgeable of. I often visit YouTube review to learn tips and tricks. The black center console is the only think I would change. The body style does not impress me as the SL, S and even the M class did. Nor does the body style impress me as the smaller models do. Most of my time is spent inside the car, and that does impress me. I am past the age where I feel that the car defines me, so the exterior blandness is a non-issue to me. I am not trying to impress with this car. I do want a car that I enjoy, and this car does that.