Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews

Used E-Class for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...37

Pros
Cons

Most Fun to Drive (Still is.)

ccelpjack, 09/21/2015
E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The 2005 E320 CDI is the most fun to drive car that I've ever owned in my short 70 years. This car was made to be driven and driven hard! I've owned four Mercedes vehicles-1 gas and 3 diesels and the 2005 E320 CDI is the fastest and nearly has the most torque of the three. I absolutely love to drive this car. It literally is as solid as a rock. It tracks down the highway like an arrow and when I pass a semi at highway speeds (or a little more) it doesn't waver one single millimeter. I sometimes take it out on the Interstate and drive it just for the fun of it. I LOVE THIS CAR!

Still fast and a headturner after 4 yrs.

Ernest C, 11/17/2008
E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After leasing my 2005 E500, I decided to keep it. And I don't regret it. I love this car! It's black with chrome wheels and gets a lot of attention. I have not had any major problems. Other than the scheduled maintenance, I took it in for an AC glitch. I love the luxury equipments that came standard. From the GPS and satellite to the pulsating seats and xenon headlamps. And this bad boy gets excellent gas mileage. I averaged 29.6 mpg on the highway last month, on a trip to San Francisco. City epa averages around 18- 20 mpg. I'll be keeping this till the next E Class comes out.

Best car I have ever owned!

cdrhoek, 03/03/2012
E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Totally trouble free. This car has been as reliable as my Honda (no small feat!). 36MPG on the highway at 70 mph. Quiet, passengers have no idea it is a diesel. Performance is better than the gasoline version of the same car. This is the last year with the straight 6 mercedes diesel, as bullet-proof a motor as Mercedes has ever made. I would never consider buying another Mercedes that wasn't a diesel.

After first year - BEWARE

Jeff C., 11/16/2004
E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a warning to anyone looking for a 2004 or 2005 E320. It is well known in the auto world about the problems with this model and Mercedes in general right now. It is basically an electronic nightmare. Since January of 2004, I have had the following replaced - rear door lock, instrument cluster (in speedometer), brain for the Dynamic Seats, 2- rain sensors, Command Center/GPS, 6 CD-player, brake issues. All of this in 11 months! It is a beautiful car and rides wonderfully and has some neat extras but you really need to think hard before buying this car. This is my first Mercedes and after paying $57,000 I am at a loss for words. Please take my words to heart - BEWARE.

Outstanding automobile

Four door sedan, 10/23/2006
E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This is my third MB. It is the best auto I have ever owned or driven. My wife and all who have driven it, rate it as the best drive and ride they have experienced. Mileage is fantastic. A 1000 mi. trip, with 900 miles of turnpike driving resulted in 35.9 mpg as measured with fill to cap to start and fill to cap at finish

12345...37