Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Superb buy on the used market!
By Davey

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Some little niggly things are problematic, like a center console that doesn't open easily, one cup holder only, sunroof that pauses on closing,and rear side windeow activator issues. But mechanically the car has been perfect through 170K Drives as new. Beautiful, and subtle...and understated beast in the 500 trim.

Great for you!
By Charles Wentworth

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

2 door needs a little more room to open doors. SPORTY AND TERRIFIC RIDE!

Beautiful Convertible Mercy 04
By MARIAN GRIFFIS

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Thought I had a transmission problem so I bought a transmission-it wasn't a transmission problem so I have a extra transmission to go with the car It was a simple reset of something. But it does need some Struts. We still drive it & Love it but now we have 4 Granddaughters & we can't all go & no one eats to be left out. They all want to go

2004 CLK55 AMG Convertible, Fun!
By Michael Ryan

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is luxury and a fun car all in one. Its too bad a car this wonderful to drive should be so expensive when new, because it really brings out the kid in me. This CLK55 AMG, a Convertible has all natural aspirated power and once you put the top down to explore the open road its awesome! One of the most notable things is about the open road with a convertible is driving with the windows open. You experience the wind, the smells and the ambient noises around you while you drive. This car, a convertible, brings those senses back to life. And I know from my own "fears" about owning this vehicle... an AMG Mercedes meant lots of maintenance expenses at the dealer. But in fact this car has been anything but that! This car can be your everyday driver, or your Sunday fun car! You Choose! It has neither been a maintenance problem or any other waste of time. Just pure pleasure of power, luxury and the quality Mercedes Benz ride with the AMG under the hood. I've got about 100,000 miles on her and she still purrs and roars just like she did when I got her. I take her to the dealer for service, and never have any problems. Just regular services. What a great car! No wonder the CLK55s are going up in price.

EX HOT RODDER STILL LOVES HIS CLK 500
By Cary Cooper

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I did a 48 state search for this car (found it 4 hours from my home!) I have done virtually all the work on my cars since I was 16. I have only bought 3 new cars in the 59 years I have been driving. My motto has always been: "I never met a car I didn't need to modify for me". That means modify in all ways. The only mods on this car needed involve adding things that did not come on it originally (such as bluetooth) and updating the navagation/entertainment system. It has the right wheels (AMG) so it is the first car ever that I don't have to change the wheels! It has the right engine - more than enough power/acceleration/speed (and economy considering the performance) (my last "hot rod" was a 1987 Volvo wagon with a Mustang Cobra 5.0 with a Tremec 5-speed - like Paul Newman and David Letterman had!). This car is effortless, smooth and secure. The HVAC is great and I like the "Distronic" Cruise Control. It has the right suspension - it rides nice, handles the twisties great and stops like a race car. It does have some options I don't need but I can handle that since I figure I didn't pay for them. And it looks awesome with the top down (and the top is so easy to lower/raise) - and it seats 4.. Based on how new the interior looks (I am very fussy) the materials are tough as well as good looking and luxurious (but I know that from my previous 3 MB's). So far it is easy to work on (better than my 300CE was) and maintain, especially with the help online.