Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

my mer mer
By Stan

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Real nice car

lemon of all lemons
By Dustin F

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

results may vary, 2nd owner of a 2004 c230k built in Bremen, Germany. Make sure you have a fat wallet if you plan on owning a used c230k. I have had nothing but problems with this car, with only 96k on it I have had to get the transmission serviced twice once at 50k and now at 96k due to it going into safe mode, bad sensors, leaking orings for transmission harness. Also have had an intermittent misfire in cylinder 1, had to replace fuel pump, coils, plugs, fuel lines, throttle body cleaning, still does it from time to time, rough idle randomly. Had it at an independent shop for 2 months and they were even stumped by it. Seriously if you are not making 65k+ a year or live at home with your parents forget the image of the Mercedes and go with the toyota or honda.

MBZ C240 4 matic: Great Snow Car
By Roger B

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

The car with 126K rides like new. Quiet, good sound system, capable performer. 5-speed helps with the modest HP of 170. 27-30 mpg on the highway on mid-grade. Has been a very good car. Only extra maintenance has been replacing a water pump.

Great Commuter
By K RIchart

I purchased this car to be a daily commuter for a one hour one way daily commute. I paid about blue-book wholesale price then spent about $2000 to get all service updates. Almost 50K miles later this car has been fantastic. Comfortable, 30MPG and very quiet on the Interstate. It does like to eat tires and due to the front and rear wheel size difference it is expensive to rotate tires. I am really glad I decided to buy this car over a comparable Camry or Accord

LOOOVE IT, AMG FOR LIFE!!
By Oleg Dyachuk

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Love this car, this is my 5th car and first Benz. Bought this car at 97k miles and now I have 110k. Yes I had engine oil leaks coming from the oil filter housing and valve cover and breather covers. I fixed all those myself and it wasn't too bad. I still have to replace the transmission oil pan gasket because of a leak. Had to replace both front outer tie rods but this car has never left me stranded, so much power. I seriously smile everytime I drive it with the foot down. Front doors had a bit of rust on the bottom because the car was from Minnesota but I am in the process of changing both doors right now.

Power, feel, composure, sleeper feel whenever i pull up anywhere.

Better oil gasket quality and hold up but the car is over 10 years old so it's kind of expected.