Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 210 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Headache!!
By wil

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I bought this car brand new back in '04, and I'm compelled to write a review because this car("Mercedes") only caused me headaches and hole in my pocket. Even though I took care of this car, it has a lot of problems, I remembered in the second year(still covered by warranty), I had to fix the sunroof twice, then from there on cd broke, lots of things broke, the quality is very bad. The cost to maintain this car was at least $2000 a year. I still have this car 'till today and recently the fuel pump gave up, the steering wheel wouldn't lock, door handles broken etc. My other car(prius) never gave me problems and very cheap to maintain. As for me, I don't think I'm buying a mercedes again.

my mer mer
By Stan

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Real nice car

lemon of all lemons
By Dustin F

results may vary, 2nd owner of a 2004 c230k built in Bremen, Germany. Make sure you have a fat wallet if you plan on owning a used c230k. I have had nothing but problems with this car, with only 96k on it I have had to get the transmission serviced twice once at 50k and now at 96k due to it going into safe mode, bad sensors, leaking orings for transmission harness. Also have had an intermittent misfire in cylinder 1, had to replace fuel pump, coils, plugs, fuel lines, throttle body cleaning, still does it from time to time, rough idle randomly. Had it at an independent shop for 2 months and they were even stumped by it. Seriously if you are not making 65k+ a year or live at home with your parents forget the image of the Mercedes and go with the toyota or honda.

MBZ C240 4 matic: Great Snow Car
By Roger B

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

The car with 126K rides like new. Quiet, good sound system, capable performer. 5-speed helps with the modest HP of 170. 27-30 mpg on the highway on mid-grade. Has been a very good car. Only extra maintenance has been replacing a water pump.

Great Commuter
By K RIchart

I purchased this car to be a daily commuter for a one hour one way daily commute. I paid about blue-book wholesale price then spent about $2000 to get all service updates. Almost 50K miles later this car has been fantastic. Comfortable, 30MPG and very quiet on the Interstate. It does like to eat tires and due to the front and rear wheel size difference it is expensive to rotate tires. I am really glad I decided to buy this car over a comparable Camry or Accord