Used 1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Better than sex!
By John

1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata Limited 2dr Convertible

Best fun you'll ever have if you love driving. A perfectly balanced roadster. If you want a quiet ride, a smooth ride, a wind free ride, DO NOT BUY this car, its not for you. If you like to feel the wind and the sun, and motor thru those twisties with the feeling of awesomeness, this car is a must have. Rock solid, low maintenance, just turn the key and go. Not recommended as a family car, someone will always be left at home.

Liked it so much I bought another
By Happy Miata driver

1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

What can I say that hasn't been said already? The Miata is the quintessential sports car! The heart and soul of a British sports car with the reliability of a Japanese economy car! I bought my first one 4 years ago, after seeing my neighbor's Miata up close (his 93 sat in his garage under a cover all the time, accumulating no miles). I found an excellent 93 that I modified to my preference..... bought a hardtop, Flyin' Miata coilover suspension, Momo steering wheel, BFG tires, bigger FM sway bars....... nothing else compares to it. Almost telepathic response to steering inputs, satisfying sounds, high lateral G's, great fuel economy, tremendous reliability. No other car I've ever owned (and I've owned a lot) has ever "scratched the itch" like the Miata. Can't say enough good about it. 2 weeks ago, my old neighbor called me to ask if I wanted to buy his 93 with 49,000 miles (this is in 2017, I note!).... and I did! All parts from original 93 will be swapped to new 93, and many more happy miles for the new one, as well as some lucky soul will buy my old 93 (still only 116,000 well cared for miles!). Couldn't be happier with these little cars.

Just Plain Fun!
By rick401

1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Bought the car last October, I have owned MG's and Austin Healey Sprite. This car is as fun to drive as those but with great reliability. Red with automatic transmission - its a head turner and I cant keep my wife out of it.

Replaced factory stereo, added style bars for a wind screen. 130,000 miles and runs great!!!

Second most fun you can have
By Husker Fan

1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

I'm the third owner having bought the car in Sept 02 with 33k on it. In 7 years and 30k miles all it's required has been regular maintenance and a set of tires. Have had an MG, Austin Healey, Alfa Spider and a Sunbeam Tiger and several Mustangs a Firebird and some BMWs. The Miata isn't the most practical but it's the most fun for the least money and the greatest reliability. I'm 6'2, 185 and 60 years old. I fit it in it fine and don't need a break until we've gone for a couple hours. Buy one if you can find one with decent miles in good shape.

Handling, transmission, reliability and the option to go topless when you want to. Starts in the cold, which the Alfa wouldn't; doesn't leak, which all of the old ones did.

They've done what was needed with subsequent models. Plastic rear window isn't great, interior a little on the plain side.

LOVE MY RAGTOP!!!!
By sally gooden

1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Wanted one for about 2 years...finally took the plunge!! Bought it for a toy but can't stay out of it!! Mt husband & I put a new top on!! Looks great!! SOOOOOOOOO much fun!!!

Speakers in headrest!

A few rattles...but HEY, its a 1993 model.....