2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Convertible Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata RF model:

A true roadster
By Vince

2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Convertible Club 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The MX-5 RF hearkens back to the days of the small "barchetti" roadsters. Incredible road feel and handling in a package that, in my opinion, is one of the most beautiful on the road today. Let's be clear: this car isn't fast but (to make the distinction), it's quick . I've been toying with the idea of putting the new Edelbrock blower in the car but every time I drive it, I talk myself out of it; the car is just so damn much fun to drive, just the way it is. I'm currently getting an average of 33.8 mpg (mostly highway) and with that kind of mileage, using 93 octane fuel doesn't hurt. In comparison to my two most recent sports cars, both BMW Z4s, I would suggest it is, far and away, more fun to drive. And to have bought this car for only ~$33K...I couldn't ask for more. I just love this baby!

Unreliable
By Bruce

2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Battery is dead after a few weeks of sitting. Jump the battery, drive off and the car dies. New car with 844 miles. I'm done and getting rid of it. Cramped interior if y9u are 6' or above.

Pride of ownership goes a long way with this car
By Greg

2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Convertible Club 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

You must give yourself this gift.My dissesion to purchase is never questioned. I simply get the giggles every day I’m in her. Get one before they realize they priced them too low $$$$$

Ridiculously Fun and Radically Fine Mazda Miata RF
By Michael Timmel

I only been driving my Miata RF for a few weeks. Can't speak much for its long-term reliability or value. But I can tell you that I have never enjoyed driving as much!! This car does not have to be a “fun car to drive on weekends." It is luxurious enough and comfortable enough for me to use as my every day source of transportation. Absolute loving it. Zoom-Zoom.

Late life desires
By Path man

I drove a '93 Miata for 22 years before giving it to my younger brother, who I knew had lusted for it. Then I read a review of the 2017 RF and started looking into it. Now in my late 70's, I found that I still desired a stick shift car that was fun to drive. I have only 400 miles on the RF Grand Touring model but it is all that I hoped for. Love the retracting hard top. The performance so far is fine for me. Will probably die driving a stick shift (as the reviewer wanted to do).