Used 2002 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used MPV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Not your Mama's Mini-Van

TrueBeliever, 03/10/2002

This is the mini-van for you if you're looking for space but don't want to sacrifice sportiness. It's fun to drive and extremely comfortable. Handling is more car-like than you can imagine. It's loaded with convenient features. Mazda scored a BIG hit with this MPV. I highly recommend a test drive.

good van, lousy factory tires

zzz, 01/15/2003

It's a great van. Fuel efficiency could be better. After 20k miles, it's still very solid. Factory Dunlop tires are crap. Coolant reservoir seems to overflow a bit since new. Easy to maintain (mainly fluid changes).

Great & Sporty

ms_pink, 07/08/2003

I love my van, what can I say others havn't. Just got back from a trip cross country, great gas mileage, 391.7 was the farthest I ever took it. Very satisifed Customer, want to upgrade to sunroof and fog lights. I will be a repeat buyer.

New to the minivan

prlamz, 03/17/2002

We now have 600 miles on our new MPV and feel very good about our choice so far. We had planned on buying an Odyssey but, luckily, did not find one in time. We were a little anxious to drive a behemoth. The MPV feels like a car. It takes less place in our garage than the Volvo station wagon it replaces. The power of the engines makes us long for a manual transmission.

Disappointing Mazda

Donna Roque, 03/27/2008

My husband and I purchased this minivan used with 40,000 miles on it. It was our first mini van. It is fully loaded with all the features we wanted. The first year was fine with no problems. Since the summer of 2007 we have been to the dealership (not where we purchased it) at least 6 times or more for repairs. We have 2 kids and having to go back and forth for repairs is a real inconvenience. Our main problems have been faulty ignition coils, idle control valve and an oil pan seal gasket. Lucky for us we purchased an extended warranty which has covered about two thirds of our costs thus far. This is the first vehicle that we have ever owned that has given us this much trouble.