Used 2002 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used MPV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Bigger not better for us

bborgerson, 04/16/2003

Like many other happy MPV buyer, we looked at the Odyssey first and decided to look around some more. Nice, but nobody wanted to deal. So we shopped. Glad we did. We're a family of four and don't really need the extra space in the Ody, which isn't all that much. Haven't found anything yet that we couldn't carry in the MPV. Took a a full load of fifth graders on a 4-hour (round trip) field trip drive with no complaints. And, hey, it's fun to drive!

SUV? What is that?

Denny, 04/23/2003

We bought our MPV last October after transporting a family of four around in a sedan and then a grand cherokee there is absolutely no comparison. No wonder minivans are so popular. Acceleration onto the highway is a rush. Handling and visibility are impeccable. The kids love the windows that roll down in the back and the option of side-by- slide depending on who is sitting next to them in the second row. And don't forget the fun option of flipping up the back hatch, flipping over the back seat and watching the kids games comfortably in your third row seat as you face the field. SUV vs. MPV? MPV wins hands-down.

Not bad for a minivan

khealy, 01/29/2003

I don't really like minivans but I need to keep all of my toys out of the weather and away from thieves (skis, bikes, etc.). I was attracted to the MPV for its small size, adequate engine, 5-sp transmission and handling. I have't been disappointed with any of these features. The engine/trans work very well, even on high mountain passes. The handling is better than I have ever experienced in a minivan on twisty mtn roads. It's as fun as a minivan can get! Fuel economy is ranging from 20-23 mpg with most of my driving in suburbs and mountains. Much better than any of the SUVs I looked at.

MPV - Muti Purpose Vehicle

v946916, 01/08/2003

I did not think I would like a Mini-Van. I love the MPV, If you take a long trip and need more room - fold the third seat in the floor. When you arrive and you now need seating for 7, up comes the seat. Its so easy my 7 year old can do it. A great ride - great vehicle. Test drove and rented serval vans prior to purchase.

good van, lousy factory tires

zippy, 01/15/2003

It's a great van. Fuel efficiency could be better. After 20k miles, it's still very solid. Factory Dunlop tires are crap. Coolant reservoir seems to overflow a bit since new. Easy to maintain (mainly fluid changes).