Used 2002 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used MPV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Wouldn't be without my Zoom Zoom

Dwadon, 09/24/2006

Awesome van. Owned a Chevy Montana prior to my MPV and have never looked back. Have 2 teens & 2 dogs and this van suits us just fine - gas mileage reasonable as well.

I Like This Van

Mkranbuhl, 04/04/2003

Good ride. Good gas mileage. A comfortable ride and easy to drive. This is a smaller minivan and handles very well. The only downside to this van is that it does not hold its value very well.

Why did I buy this van?

Mad Driver, 07/13/2007

I have no idea why I bought this van. I think I fell for the tricks: fold down 3rd seat, removable 2nd row, roll down windows for the middle with both doors sliding. Back then, those were all new and some still haven't taken them on. But things went bad fast. I started having problems, but sadly let them sit til the warranty went, and then it all got way worse. Granted I drive a lot, but things were worse than imaginable, the brakes went bad in half the time they should have, the tires needed replaced an average of 20,000 miles earlier, and you can't do any engine maintenance yourself. Expensive parts, too.

Best Minivan ever!

CA_Dreaming, 05/01/2003

I've owned a Honda and a Dodge minivan and they just aren't as nice. The MPV is the anti-minivan minivan! It's fast, it handles well, it's quiet and comfortable. No rattles! (The Dodge felt and sounded like you were leaving a trail of nuts and bolts as you motored down the highway!) The Honda was nice, but it was always having little stuff go wrong... unusual for Honda I'm told, but that's what I experienced.

My wife likes it

hbtexan, 03/08/2002

I think Mazda has nailed the minivan design with this product. My wife and I debated an SUV (#1 contender was the 2001 Explorer for value, #2 was the Toyota Highlander but it was too expensive) vs. minivan. We test drove 2 Ody's and were very unimpressed w/ them (this was a shock after all of the internet research). To make a long story short my wife thinks the MPV is VERY COOL, in the end for us this was the MPV's strongest feature.