Used 2002 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used MPV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Much More Than I Expected

LoveMyMPV, 07/03/2005

I started out loathing all mom-mobile minivans but this Mazda MPV ES has changed all that. Quick, nimble, comfortable and economical (29-30mpg @ 60mph), I don't really miss my Mercedes. The ES model is comfortable to drive on long trips and the upscale radio pulls in more stations than my Mercedes ever did. The power sliding doors and fold-under 3rd seat are extremely convenient, as are the slide-together 2nd row seats (make them a single bench or 2 buckets). There's always enough power on tap, especially off the line, and passing power seems more than adequate. It's size makes it ideal for fitting in a garage with room to spare. All-in-all, I'd buy it again.

I like it

2002maazda mpv ex, 01/13/2006

I like the handling, acceleration, and comfort of my Mazda van.

We like our 2002 MPV

Don, 04/28/2006

We bought this car for unusual reasons: it would fit in our garage (was shorter than most minivans), a 6 footer could fully lay out on the floor in back of the first row seats, and the mileage rating was pretty good. It has more than met our needs, and we regularly get 21-22 mpg at 70-80 mph on trips, and not too much less in city driving.

Not real happy with it

Derrick Petree, 09/02/2006

We should had gone with the Honda. At first it was a great van. Then we had an overheating problem. That had it in the shop 5 times. We had to take it back 3 times for the same recall. Then at 60,578 the transmission went out. Just after the warranty went out. Dealer won't fix because we 578 over on miles. Cost us $2400 to fix. Poor gas mileage about 18 hwy, 15 city.

My Unreliable Mazda

Joe, 09/23/2006

This vehicle has given us nothing but problems. We have 47,000 miles and the warranty is out. Repairs: we have already had the transmission replaced (we do not own a boat or tow anything except the 2 kids). It took the dealership 3 weeks to get a new transmission because they were on backorder. Mazda paid 1 week on the rental but I was responsible and out of pocket for 2 weeks. The power sliding doors don't work and the dealership can't figure out the problem or take responsibility. The electronic coil on valve #3 went out and Mazda would do nothing to back up the product (cost $500 to replace coils on valve #1, 3, and 5). This was my 3rd Mazda product and now is my LAST.