Used 2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews - 315 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Don't Buy or Get Rid of it!
By jrw80

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought new in 07/2006, 07 Touring model, AWD,loaded. Like the looks of the car. Real trouble began after 70,000 miles. Had VVT and timing chain replaced, $2500, Mazda rep literally said sorry nothing we can do about it. Should've got rid of it right there. Started to use a lot of oil afterwards, still not Mazda's problem. Got another year out of it before an ignition coil went bad on a trip and then only to find no compression in one of the cylinders. This car is a bad engine design. If you have on get rid of it before the miles go up, don't buy a used one if you're looking.

Exterior styling.

Needs a new engine design. I guess that's why they discontinued it.

CX7 Turbo compression
By tjr12

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

On my 2007 cx7, Mazda warranty replaced vvt & timing chain that was grinding during start-up. While replacing, the mech found the intake cam way out of phase & called Mazda Canada tech line for approval to correct.
Mazda tech line asked for compression after vvt & timing chain replaced. Dealer Mech found #1 at 70/170; #2-40/100; #3-60/140; #4-30/80. Mazda Canada tech said this is ok and to send me home, happy that they replaced the timing chain. My Mazda Dealer told me they would recommend doing the required repairs but because I'm requesting warranty to cover it because it's a result of the timing chain. I called Mazda Canada & they told me to go back to my Service Manager to fix? Help!

The Best Sport ZOOM ZOOM SUV
By galmanza

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have it for almost 7 months, and it just work perfectly, until now i didnt found any problem, i just came back from a trip to Las Vegas and the CX-7 was perfect on the road! Gas millage was better than the last time when we do the same thip but in a Ford Edge... we save a lot of money on gas this time! Exellente build quality, exterior and interior design, it just look great! Great Bose sound sytem, sunroof, the CX-7 just run like if you have a sporty car with it 4 cilender turbocharge! In my opinion MAZDA has better quality, realability and designs that Honda and Toyota.

Designe, ouside and interior. The turbocharge, it just run like a sporty car, you know ZOOM ZOOM

Fun car Zoom-Zoom
By solidhit

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded in my '03 Expedition for the CX 7.
I was impressed with the zippy handling and overall performance of the CX.
I was looking at several cross overs and smaller SUVs but the Touring edition had what I was looking for.

I was surprised at the way the turbo 4 cyl handled with 4 people.
I was expecting it to bog down with the extra weight but it certainly didn't.
It has the room for everything I need it for including the towing package I needed for a small trailer and a future boat.

Gas mileage from my first tank full was a respectful 17.5.
I expect that to increase since I didn't drive very conservatively, wanting to see what she would do on different road types.

I love the quality of the leather interior with the heated seats.

Turbo failure x 2 and only @ 63,000 miles
By highland303030

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

1st turbo blown @ 43,000 miles driving down the road 30 miles an hr hear a load pop and whine and total loss of pwr. Seemed like i could only drive in 1st gear. Took to dealership and the following:
1. turbo charger replaced
6. Nut, Flange x 9
7. Sensor, air & Fuel
8. Pipe Fuel main
9. Valve, Selenoid

Confirmed Customer concern, performed compression test and evaluated engine 175, 175, 180, 180. Engine appears not to be internally damaged, found turbo Impeller Rattling and sending engine oil into exhaust system, found no oxygen sensor signal. Replaced turbo and oil lines, replaced oxygen sensor. replaced fuel lines