2017 Maserati GranTurismo Convertible Review
Used GranTurismo Convertible for sale
|List Price Estimate:||$61,016 - $71,099|
Which GranTurismo Convertible does Edmunds recommend?
We recommend the new GranTurismo Convertible Sport Special Edition. If features the Sport's 454-hp engine, versus the base model's 444-hp, and new exterior and interior trim pieces, colors, materials, and wheel choices. You can still customize interior leather and trim pieces however you like, while additional carbon pieces, such as the hood, can even be left in clear coat, exposing the raw surface.
Edmunds' Expert Review
- High-revving V8 provides engaging driving experience
- Unmistakably Italian design
- Excellent interior leather and metal materials
- In-car infotainment and electronics stuck in the past
- No active driver assist features
- Backseat space is limited
Thanks to its willing V8 engine, the GranCabrio belongs on twisty mountain roads and passes. What it lacks in modern conveniences, it makes up for in character.
The adaptive suspension is compliant enough in Comfort mode to smooth bumps in the road, but the stiff sport suspension on the MC trims may ruin the ride. The front seats are aggressively bolstered but well shaped and padded for comfortable touring.
The GranTurismo uses premium materials throughout the cabin. But controls for infotainment and climate have a last-decade feel, and many features aren't even offered. Backseat space is limited, making it suitable for small passengers only.
While the design and materials of the GranCabrio are stylish, modern and oh-so Italian, the infotainment system is dated. Plus, it does not have the assisted driving controls, connectivity and entertainment options that its competitors have had for a few years now.
Features & Specs
Our experts like the GranTurismo Convertible models:
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Signals when objects are getting close to the front and rear bumpers to assist parking in tight spaces.
- Maserati Stability Program
- Adjusts the amount of power if the system determines you're exceeding the handling limits, keeping you on the road.
- Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirrors
- Automatically dims the mirrors to keep the headlights of following cars from temporarily blinding you.