Used 2018 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews

Used Navigator for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Lincoln Luxury

Douglas Finch, 11/23/2018
Premiere 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

I couldn't be more impressed with the overall quality,comfort,and performance of my 2018 Lincoln 2wd Premier. I wanted the base/premier due to the 20 inch wheels. They increase the ride and comfort without having the adaptive suspension. The highway mileage on trips in the conserve mode reaches 23 mpg all the time. It has so many standard features that are optional on other luxury full size SUV. It uses regular unleaded and the yearly maintenance cost is a fraction of an import. The twin turbo V6 has tremendous horsepower and torque that other luxury SUV V8 cant even match. This is true American luxury reborn.

Car nice - dealers not so much.

Chris, 09/28/2018
Reserve 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

Wanted a black label but they dont have black leather seatsm go figure, huge error. Purchased 2018 reserve 2 weeks ago @ 97k . Came across a couple issues. Steering column plastic housing rubs slightly when turning - AC when running both rear and front zones seams to lose temperature, osillated from warm to cold and never freezing, random. Passenger side second row seat belt lacked tension and wont retract- this part is on backorder. These issues are small and will get reseloved, but its an indication of a slight build quality issue. The biggets issue is the Lincoln dealers. Lincoln corporate puts the white glove message out there that they will come get your car and give you a loaner etc ( purhcased maint package ) use the app to schedule etc. Well thats a fantasy.......I purhcased my care from a dealer thats 65 miles away because they had the car. However the nearest dealer is 5 miles away. When I contacted them for servive on my new 100k car they said sorry you didnt buy it here so no loaner car. I had to escalate this to lincoln and threaten them etc.... finally after 2 weeks and wasting time on the phone they accomodated me. Point is Lincoln corporate needs to get these dealers up to to speed with the marketing message if they are going to sell 100k cars. I had a platinum escalde before this and zero issues and amazing service. That said its a gorgeous car and I hope to enjoy it once its out of the shop.

Broken down at 1000miles

Andres P Albornoz, 06/19/2018
Reserve 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

It overheated at 1000 miles on the odometer transmission radiator failed, with all my family 400 miles away from home it was a mess. No car for 12 days took to repaired . Transmission also clank noise a lot when lowering gears. Buy a Toyota Land cruiser is a lot more reliable. Now I drive around my home area because I don't trust this car for long family trips. Update 12-20-20 After that broken down at a 1000 miles from new is doing a lot better actually no problems now , but I purchased a spare oil transmission filter to carry it around in case it broke again. We are planning to do a long trip and this suv is perfect for those long escapes.

Absolutely Love it!

Steve G, 11/28/2018
Reserve 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

Do you want to feel like King of the Road? This 4x4 vehicle will give you a commanding road presence. I think it can eat into Bentley and Rolls Royce Cullinan sales. It’s that luxurious and it seats 7 or 8 not 4 or 5! Built in America is another plus. I questioned the Hankook tires but when I went to see the new Audi Q8...you guessed it...same. Must be a new high tech tire factory! Steering wheel heater switch is a touch on the LCD screen, I’d rather have a hard switch near the steering wheel but I guess that’s the way things are going for reliability and efficiency. Love that it has Start / Stop at the stoplight, the tech in general, control it and get status from my iPhone, piano key shifter, it’s powerful 6 cylinder engine, independent rear suspension and Aluminum body panels. The head up display is nicer than the one in my Corvette. I’d love to see a Brembo Brakes option like Escalade has but other than that, it’s the winner of that contest. Also a repeat prompt button for Navigation is sorely needed. I loved it so much I bought my new Gator rather than lease it! Update: would like to have a suspension tighten switch. The only way to tighten it up is to choose Excite on the drive select knob. I’d like to tighten it in normal. The previous generation had separate selections for transmission and suspension.

Great ride, but so hum for kids

JC from St Charles IL, 02/08/2019
L Reserve 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

The ride, quality materials and others are great on this vehicle. Many have already highlighted the PROS and I agree with them. This is from a 4 month ownership review of four "not worth it" aspect. 1) $2K rear entertainment system is not worth it. First, the dual screens are not touch screen (why not?) and to compound it, the navigation is too awkward and frustrating. Second, the screens have to be sync'd to the car speakers via bluetooth, how awkward - we experience sound delays and you have to pair the bluetooth after each ignition, for which you have to navigate the complicated screens and wait for the sync. Why not just a dedicated, simple wire connection (and bring the cost down)? 2) 3rd row gets a lot of the exhaust sound. You would not notice this unless you've experience it in real world situations. The droning sound is annoying in mid-long trips. Extra sound-proofing is required for $90K+ vehicle. 3) Climate change take the entire user interface/navi screen. When you need to see the navi route, its obscured by the single large dial that tell me that the climate fan is changed from 2 to 3 speed and then you wait for it disappear. Its not a good design. 4) I heard of the parts shortage that's slowing down vehicle production and in Nov, just 3 weeks of ownership, the vehicle got rear-ended and that when I fully understood the supply chain issue. The vehicle was brought into a Lincoln authorized body shop for the rear bumper and underlying plastic pieces to be replaced. We were given a 1 week turn-around time. The body shop called and told us that the parts were back-ordered (even after we were assured that the parts would arrive that week). Regional Ford/Lincoln parts depot quoted a new delivery the following week. Again, the body shop called to tell us there was a delay in the parts delivery due to back-order. This happened 2 more times. We waited and waited. Finally after 6 weeks at the shop, the repairs were completed. Lesson learned.

12345...6