Used 2013 Lincoln MKX SUV Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lincoln MKX SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

new owner of 2013 Lincoln MKX
By Bill B

2013 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The vehicle has a lot of power and rides very smooth. Burns gas as do most SUV but it uses regular gas which is a plus. Interior is nice and comfortable. Very sleek and nice looking vehicle and so far I really like the vehicle.

Great SUV for the Money!
By Shirls

2013 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

One of my priorities with getting a new vehicle was minimal road noise, in addition to a blend of performance, utility, and comfort. This SUV does everything I want. The cargo space if perfect for Costco runs, small items of furniture and similar. With the rear seats folded down there is more room, but because they don't lay flat, the extra room acquired is flattened since the lowest point is closer to the ceiling. So, a bicycle, 2x4s, but nothing bulky.
The seats are comfortable, the car is responsive and quick enough to get out of hazardous situations. Braking is good (although apparently it takes 10 feet longer to stop than others SUVs in this class) I have had no maintenance/recall issues and I am at 55,000 miles. Mileage is OK. If I drove in the city I would assuredly have bought a different vehicle, since it's hard to see, the mileage really declines in the city, and the frame is essentially a giant box on wheels, which makes parking an adventure. The cons: mediocre sound system and poor visibility sides and rear. I even bought an aftermarket system, but it still isn't quite what I wanted. (My MKX is the standard model, and so had the low end sound system). Because the last thing you want to do is take out the factory unit, you have to add and tinker with components until you get the sound you want.

Lincoln MKX 2013
By Kristy Chase

2013 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Look at all the recalls. Serious issues happening with the car. New issues the month is the lights won't turn off.

Luxury with some sportiness
By Pauley21

2013 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I think this vehicle is very well built, strong engine, and AWD that is smart and knows what to do when you need it. I did purchase pre-owned with over 60,000 miles but I love the 3.7 V6 and transmission pairing. My mom has a 2013 as well, both of us enjoy it a lot. You can sit back and ride along with traffic comfortably, but when you need to get up and go or maneuver though traffic, the transmission and 3.7 V6 are quick and power you through what you need. It handles great around corners and through town. It's not too big but just big enough, anytime I have rear passengers they always compliment the room they have and the heated seats. My only complaint is the shifter, sometimes it doesn't know it's in Park and you have to jiggle the button a little, and after turning a corner when it's going into 2nd gear it's a tiny clunky, but my last car (Mazda) has the same issue, so I'm light with the gas pedal after turning corners.

Great car for the money
By george maura

2013 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)