Used 2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A) Consumer Reviews

12345...9

Could've had a V8!!!!

Joy, 09/13/2015
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought it used. Beautiful vehicle. Took it home decided to give it a a good wax job and to my surprise the rust was eating it up. I took it back to the dealership for help with this. Nothing, it has 54,000 miles on it and they told me to contact Lincoln. No help there either. About a year later, I receive safety recalls, rust corrosion because the 2008 was not sealed properly. So check your gas tank straps and cooling system for excessive corrosion. Took it for inspection, even the covering on my shocks are ate off by rust. The entire frame is extensively rusted. Lincoln said to have it inspected. I did. Yes it's extensive Ms dumbass for buying this vehicle, but no safety issues so nothing will be done. I call bullshit!! This vehicle has been nothing but a money pit. BEWARE!! I will never buy another FORD product.

Good size; comfortable ride

shellygg, 08/01/2018
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Liked that this is a crossover so you sit up a higher than a car but it is not a huge step up to get in. Comfortable ride that handles well in ice and snow. Not very good gas mileage, but I expected that. Heated driver's seat stopped functioning about 6 months after 4-year warranty ran out and would have been very expensive to repair. Voice recognition of synced phone was spotty across multiple phones that I had over the years and it sometimes lost my phone-book. Rusted parts on the underside happened more readily than past foreign cars that I owned.

The Year Report

Vince, 04/15/2018
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car a little later in its life, got it used in 2017 with 58,000 miles on it. Man, it’s still in the race though with luxury cars that have came out years ahead and even in to now. I think the vehicle even in 2018 looks very stylish and up to date, the features it has are also still very current and practical. The sync system works well even with my iPhone 8 and the navigation system has always been able to direct me to any place I needed to go. I feel like Lincoln as a brand has gotten a lot of negative attention in terms of not being a “real” luxury brand. Honestly I feel like this vehicle was miles ahead of any Cadillac that came out in 2008 or even in to today. The only feature I wish I had was a reverse camera but the parking sensors help out nicely. I have about 69,000 miles on it now and have had no problems at all. I think this car is for sure one that is worth a look, especially pre-owned.

Beware

Lemon-08, 02/07/2009

Whatever can go wrong with a car has on this one. Service department only contributing to issues. Over 50 days in the service department (not even 12,000 miles) Rebuilt transmission, transmission leak, sync, navigation system replaced, usb port replaced....

Dream SUB

MKXLuva, 07/10/2009

I been eyeing this SUB since it came out! It took me 8 months to convince my hubby to buy me this car. We bought the 2008 Limited Edition with the 20" wheels. I LOVE LOVE this car! It's an eye candy! Lots and lots of compliments! Lots and Lots of look! We test drove a Benz, Lexus 350 and Acura and it's uncomparable! I probably will drive this car for the next yearS to come!

12345...9